Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Monday, Nov 24, 2014
Market
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
I need help- i lost my car keys.. [11]
Disgusting new policies in individual pension sche... [9]
Outering Road Finally.... [55]
My electricity bill. [19]
40 ft Container transport from Mombasa to Nairobi [13]
@Rankaz/Gordon Gekko et al........Hii ni nini? [6]
Reasonably priced auto detailing &, tinting [4]
Mobius Two Motors [56]
KRA and logbooks [10]
Safaricom airtime, bonga points and data bundles a... [14]
Land N Homes Listing 2014 [40]
Looking for a fairy Priced Milking Machine [5]
Nokia N1 Android tablet [6]
Online Shops Kenya. [7]
We are better off without ERC [11]

Forum Jump

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Kenyas 20 Richest People
esther85
#1 Posted : Friday, October 01, 2010 12:32:47 PM

Sober
#2 Posted : Friday, October 01, 2010 12:39:41 PM

DETAILS BWANA. we are dignified people and won't just accept blanket figures. for jimnah mbaru and jemo, i agree.
Freedom is not letting your yesterday affect your today.
youcan'tstopusnow
#3 Posted : Friday, October 01, 2010 12:52:54 PM

Sober wrote:
DETAILS BWANA. we are dignified people and won't just accept blanket figures. for jimnah mbaru and jemo, i agree.

You agree that James Mwangi is worth 2 million dollars? Kirubi's stake in centum is at least 2 times what they are saying his wealth is
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
mv_ufanisi
#4 Posted : Friday, October 01, 2010 2:06:09 PM

Definitely a quack report. Very lazy reporting - no research just dream up figures.
gicharu
#5 Posted : Friday, October 01, 2010 3:59:22 PM

I agree with Mv_Ufanisi.. useless report.. there are many more Kenyans with more than USD1B and do not appear on your list.. example Mr. Rashid Sajjad, Njenga Karumes, etc.. Further, I doubt you can really know how much many Kenyans are worth because most of the wealth has questionable sources and no intelligent person will make it that easy to unravel it!!
Obi 1 Kanobi
#6 Posted : Friday, October 01, 2010 4:46:03 PM

A very laughable attempt at reporting nothing, Let me assure that there is not a single kenyan worth USD 1 B

And Moi is not even in the top 5 richest Kenyans.

Common sense alone should tell us that Merali, Chandaria, are worth more than $10 million
"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" Mike Tyson."
mukiha
#7 Posted : Friday, October 01, 2010 5:09:09 PM

Two months ago a had lunch with a "kawaida" looking mzee. He mentioned that he was in the process of buying a building in Nairobi CBD at sh70m. Get this, he was paying cash - no loans or mortgage. Later I learned that he is the Chairman of the so-called "Rwathia Group". Have you heard about them?

They now own about 50% of all properties between Tom Mboya street and Kirinyaga Road. And now they have crossed over to the "upper" town. Having purchased Contrust House on Moi avenue. They are now in the process of acquiring Alibhai Sharrif Hse and Kenya Cinema building.

Any way; this Mzee, the Chairman, was buy the sh70m building on own account not the group...
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
anasazi
#8 Posted : Friday, October 01, 2010 5:31:34 PM

Yeah, Merali is worth more than $10 million, definitely. That list is just lazy. No facts behind it, just off the top of the head figures.

Otherwise, @mukiha, impressive, what some of these simple looking mzees are able to command. Probably still using a Nokia 3310 eh...

Form is temporary, class is permanent
bkismat
#9 Posted : Friday, October 01, 2010 5:34:16 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:

A very laughable attempt at reporting nothing, Let me assure that there is not a single kenyan worth USD 1 B

And Moi is not even in the top 5 richest Kenyans.

Common sense alone should tell us that Merali, Chandaria, are worth more than $10 million

Me thinks that in Subsaharan Africa(Notrh of Limpopo South of Sahara) only the most corrupt Nigerians can be worth more than 1 billion dollars.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
Zakumi
#10 Posted : Friday, October 01, 2010 5:48:51 PM

mukiha wrote:
Two months ago a had lunch with a "kawaida" looking mzee. He mentioned that he was in the process of buying a building in Nairobi CBD at sh70m. Get this, he was paying cash - no loans or mortgage. Later I learned that he is the Chairman of the so-called "Rwathia Group". Have you heard about them?

They now own about 50% of all properties between Tom Mboya street and Kirinyaga Road. And now they have crossed over to the "upper" town. Having purchased Contrust House on Moi avenue. They are now in the process of acquiring Alibhai Sharrif Hse and Kenya Cinema building.

Any way; this Mzee, the Chairman, was buy the sh70m building on own account not the group...

When did they purchase Contrust House....to the best of my knowledge Contrust house is owned by NHIF....not unless NHIF is known by the name Rwathia in other quarters.
The Strong Do What They Want,The Weak Do What They Must!
Zakumi
#11 Posted : Friday, October 01, 2010 5:51:52 PM

The rank of the poster of this piece is "hello"... so guys be easy,just someone trying to have high hits on his blog.
erifloss
#12 Posted : Friday, October 01, 2010 6:07:24 PM

Useless report! James Mwangi's equity bank's holding alone is 20 times more than what's being shown....research is the word...
'They say money cannot buy me happiness but when i compare when i had none and now, i'm happier' Kevin O'leary
Elder
#13 Posted : Saturday, October 02, 2010 2:54:33 PM

mukiha wrote:

Are there still buildings in CBD going for Shs 70m?
He who can express in words the ardour of his love, has but little love to express. - Petrach, Son. (That men by various ways arrive at the same end. - Montaigne, The Essays of.)
kiriita
#14 Posted : Saturday, October 02, 2010 3:08:00 PM

Zakumi wrote:
mukiha wrote:

When did they purchase Contrust House....to the best of my knowledge Contrust house is owned by NHIF....not unless NHIF is known by the name Rwathia in other quarters.

@Mukiha/Zakumi - It's the neighbouring Sonalux House that was bought by the wazees.
guru267
#15 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 6:26:39 PM

I basically wasted my time reading this crap james Mwangi has a 4.8% stake in equity bank....

Last time i checked that is way above 2million bucks
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
Zakumi
#16 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 10:53:58 PM

Elder wrote:
mukiha wrote:

Are there still buildings in CBD going for Shs 70m?

KenyanLyrics
#17 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 1:57:33 AM

@Mukiha sounds like you met a conman. Did he try and sell you a stake in the company for spot cash? :smile:

@obi you underestimate the depth of Moi's thuggery. That glorified shepherd is worth close to 2billion dollars. Check a site called Wikileaks for proof.

@bkismat you are very wrong. Very many African dictators from the 70s - 90s period are dollar billionaires(in CASH. Hapana mambo ya securities hapa). Again check Wikileaks for proof.
bkismat
#18 Posted : Saturday, October 09, 2010 1:53:11 PM

Now a billion dollar Nigerian but she heading to jail.

A former Nigerian bank chief has been sentenced to six months in prison for fraud and ordered to hand over $1.2bn (£786m) in cash and assets.

Cecilia Ibru, former CEO of Oceanic Bank, pleaded guilty to three of 25 counts of fraud and mismanagement.

She is one of a large number of executives held in connection with the near-collapse of nine banks in 2009.

The verdict is sending shockwaves through Nigeria's financial world, says the BBC's Caroline Duffield in Abuja.

'Making progress'

Mrs Ibru's sentence was the result of a settlement agreement, Judge Dan Abutu told the court in Lagos on Friday.

Her three sentences are for six months each, but will run concurrently. This means she will spend only six months in jail, our correspondent says.

"This is an indication that we are making progress in the war against graft in the country," Farida Waziri, who heads Nigeria's anti-corruption agency, said in a statement.

The government removed Mrs Ibru along with other executives from a number of financial institutions in 2009.

The central bank then had to step in and bail out nine banks which were on the brink of collapse because of reckless lending and fraud.

Mrs Ibru belongs to an elite family, which controls massive business interests across the country. She was famous on Nigeria's party circuit for her jewellery and her taste for corporate jets, our correspondent says.

Until her arrest, the former banker had been considered beyond the reach of the fraud police, our correspondent adds.

However, critics say too few cases are still being prosecuted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-11506421
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
groupielove
#19 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2010 4:59:38 PM

This is what we call gutter. ama kwa kifupi maoni kutoka river road. No solid evidence, and by the way huyo mzee alikuwa na 70m cash, was he to buy or rent the building in CBD???? Why do we want to give others crap so as to be read??? Let me stop ama pia niwaandikie story yangu mwendaa
mkonomtupu
#20 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2010 6:35:49 PM

I can't believe you don't know about the Rwathia group. These guys got their plots as early as the 1940's they own most of the lodgings in downtown kirinyaga. You can get property for 70m in CBD just looking for the muhindi who used to own them in the 1960's and get the sons or in london and australia to sell it to you. We have a lot of yuppies who think business deals are struck in Java and Dormans...
@groupilove, I used to think River road is only gutter until i met some chinese and some africans who are doing joint ventures to own factories in China.