Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Saturday, Jul 2, 2022
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Housing Finance: HFCK a diamond in the rough [2196]
MTN Uganda IPO..Whats cutting over there?? [73]
KenyaRe FY19 - FY23 (Both Inclusive) [758]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [15381]
2021 Dividend Draught Projections [100]
Centum FY2022 - FY2026 [103]
SAFARICOM [22]
KENYA POWER DIVIDEND [2]
Mumias Sugar huge demand [2931]
411 on dividend and AGM [1222]
Stocks that made Millionaires this Quarter [16]
Treasury Bills and Bonds [1600]
stock picking [39]
Safaricom 2019/2020 [717]
KCB CEO Joshua Oigara To Exit KCB after AGM [12]
 
Forum Jump
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

770 Pages«<767768769770>
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
obiero
#15361 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2022 9:45:12 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 13,110
Location: nairobi
maka wrote:
Zichi wrote:
I haven't seen a number of KQ 737s on flight radar lately. Has the restructuring began?



I believe some have been grounded... Actually some site shows a couple haven't operated for more than 20 days... Let me ask my intelligence officers on the ground.
What I know is that suspensions have been thrown left, right and center esp in the Engineering Dept...

Corruption is being hit from the belly

COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 161,000 ABP 3.49; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Zichi
#15362 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2022 1:46:18 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 5/24/2017
Posts: 44
maka wrote:
Zichi wrote:
I haven't seen a number of KQ 737s on flight radar lately. Has the restructuring began?



I believe some have been grounded... Actually some site shows a couple haven't operated for more than 20 days... Let me ask my intelligence officers on the ground.
What I know is that suspensions have been thrown left, right and center esp in the Engineering Dept...



Great!
obiero
#15363 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2022 10:03:33 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 13,110
Location: nairobi
ProverB wrote:

For the year ended 31st March 2010, Kenya Airways Ltd recorded Total revenue of Kshs 70,743,000,000.00, and the company’s
Operating Profit amounted to Kshs 1,839,000,000.00

Operating margin = (Operating Profit /Revenues) x 100.
= (1,839,000,000.00 / 70,743,000,000.00) x 100 = 2.6%

Out of every Kshs1.00 Kenya Airways collected as revenue in the year, it retained only Kshs 0.03, as operating profit after paying for the operational expenses incurred in getting that Kshs 1.00
It is out of that 3Cents that Kenya Airways is to pay out financial costs as well as taxes and the balance retained as profits for share holders.

Should we choose to focus only on the company’s core business operations, Kenya Airways operational performance for the just ended period is rather dismal compared to the previous periodsSad
 For 2010, Kenya Airways had an operating margin of 2.6%
 For 2009, the operating margin was 5.6%
 For 2008, the operating margin was 11.6%
 For 2007, the operating margin was 13.1%
Declining operating margins over time should be a warning sign to any investor. d'oh!

On average, out of every kshs1 in revenues that Kenya Airways collects annually, it has overtime paid more and more in operational costs. It could imply that the company is having difficulty in bringing in revenues considering that it registered slightly declined revenues compared to the previous year, or that the management is facing increasing challenges in improving the company’s Operational Efficiency.
The 54.5% decline in Operating Profits might explain why despite reporting 148% improvement in earnings, the share registered a 8% decline in trading price as soon as results were published.

A lot is learnt by observing Operating profits trend over time, but it should not be the only factor one considers when planning whether or not the Kenya Airways shares are a viable investment.smile

Ceteris paribus.Pray

KQ now profitable at operating level. https://youtu.be/9HLVOK4mfsE

COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 161,000 ABP 3.49; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
maka
#15364 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2022 7:37:10 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,519
Location: Nairobi
Zichi wrote:
maka wrote:
Zichi wrote:
I haven't seen a number of KQ 737s on flight radar lately. Has the restructuring began?



I believe some have been grounded... Actually some site shows a couple haven't operated for more than 20 days... Let me ask my intelligence officers on the ground.
What I know is that suspensions have been thrown left, right and center esp in the Engineering Dept...



Great!



@Zichi ... You were right.

https://www.businessdail...in-cost-dispute-3788954

You can see the parked planes here...

https://www.planespotter...t/airline/Kenya-Airways
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#15365 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2022 9:09:03 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 13,110
Location: nairobi
GoK had gone kamikaze. Wants to save KQ by hook or crook

COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 161,000 ABP 3.49; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
My 2 cents
#15366 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2022 5:59:10 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 6/2/2010
Posts: 847
obiero wrote:
GoK had gone kamikaze. Wants to save KQ by hook or crook


A great business wouldn't need this much government support to survive.
obiero
#15367 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2022 6:36:28 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 13,110
Location: nairobi
My 2 cents wrote:
obiero wrote:
GoK had gone kamikaze. Wants to save KQ by hook or crook


A great business wouldn't need this much government support to survive.

Well. all we need to see now is a clean balance sheet. This thing is on sale, and we need a buyer fast!

COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 161,000 ABP 3.49; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
maka
#15368 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2022 4:31:24 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,519
Location: Nairobi
obiero wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
obiero wrote:
GoK had gone kamikaze. Wants to save KQ by hook or crook


A great business wouldn't need this much government support to survive.

Well. all we need to see now is a clean balance sheet. This thing is on sale, and we need a buyer fast!





#ReclaimThePride
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#15369 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2022 5:28:39 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 13,110
Location: nairobi
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
Zichi wrote:
I haven't seen a number of KQ 737s on flight radar lately. Has the restructuring began?



I believe some have been grounded... Actually some site shows a couple haven't operated for more than 20 days... Let me ask my intelligence officers on the ground.
What I know is that suspensions have been thrown left, right and center esp in the Engineering Dept...

Corruption is being hit from the belly

Told you severally. KQ should never have been in losses for the extended period. A good number of staff have been sabotaging the Pride of Africa. The union membership being at it's very worst

COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 161,000 ABP 3.49; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
obiero
#15370 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2022 7:13:27 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 13,110
Location: nairobi
@VVS keep working hard and pay your taxes. we appreciate https://nation.africa/ke...n-bill-from-july-3821212

COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 161,000 ABP 3.49; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
maka
#15371 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2022 8:59:20 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,519
Location: Nairobi
[quote=obiero]@VVS keep working hard and pay your taxes. we appreciate https://nation.africa/ke...-bill-from-july-3821212[/quote]

Lipa tax waiver bro....
possunt quia posse videntur
VituVingiSana
#15372 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2022 10:01:04 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,779
Location: Nairobi
obiero wrote:
@VVS keep working hard and pay your taxes. we appreciate https://nation.africa/ke...-bill-from-july-3821212

d'oh! Laughing out loudly d'oh! Laughing out loudly d'oh! Laughing out loudly
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#15373 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2022 3:26:26 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,779
Location: Nairobi
European Union revokes KQ plane servicing licence
https://www.businessdail...rvicing-licence-3839460
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#15374 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2022 1:58:27 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 13,110
Location: nairobi
obiero wrote:
ProverB wrote:

For the year ended 31st March 2010, Kenya Airways Ltd recorded Total revenue of Kshs 70,743,000,000.00, and the company’s
Operating Profit amounted to Kshs 1,839,000,000.00

Operating margin = (Operating Profit /Revenues) x 100.
= (1,839,000,000.00 / 70,743,000,000.00) x 100 = 2.6%

Out of every Kshs1.00 Kenya Airways collected as revenue in the year, it retained only Kshs 0.03, as operating profit after paying for the operational expenses incurred in getting that Kshs 1.00
It is out of that 3Cents that Kenya Airways is to pay out financial costs as well as taxes and the balance retained as profits for share holders.

Should we choose to focus only on the company’s core business operations, Kenya Airways operational performance for the just ended period is rather dismal compared to the previous periodsSad
 For 2010, Kenya Airways had an operating margin of 2.6%
 For 2009, the operating margin was 5.6%
 For 2008, the operating margin was 11.6%
 For 2007, the operating margin was 13.1%
Declining operating margins over time should be a warning sign to any investor. d'oh!

On average, out of every kshs1 in revenues that Kenya Airways collects annually, it has overtime paid more and more in operational costs. It could imply that the company is having difficulty in bringing in revenues considering that it registered slightly declined revenues compared to the previous year, or that the management is facing increasing challenges in improving the company’s Operational Efficiency.
The 54.5% decline in Operating Profits might explain why despite reporting 148% improvement in earnings, the share registered a 8% decline in trading price as soon as results were published.

A lot is learnt by observing Operating profits trend over time, but it should not be the only factor one considers when planning whether or not the Kenya Airways shares are a viable investment.smile

Ceteris paribus.Pray

KQ now profitable at operating level. https://youtu.be/9HLVOK4mfsE

@maka you act like you didn't see this post.. 😁

COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 161,000 ABP 3.49; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#15375 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2022 7:39:57 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,779
Location: Nairobi
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
ProverB wrote:

For the year ended 31st March 2010, Kenya Airways Ltd recorded Total revenue of Kshs 70,743,000,000.00, and the company’s
Operating Profit amounted to Kshs 1,839,000,000.00

Operating margin = (Operating Profit /Revenues) x 100.
= (1,839,000,000.00 / 70,743,000,000.00) x 100 = 2.6%

Out of every Kshs1.00 Kenya Airways collected as revenue in the year, it retained only Kshs 0.03, as operating profit after paying for the operational expenses incurred in getting that Kshs 1.00
It is out of that 3Cents that Kenya Airways is to pay out financial costs as well as taxes and the balance retained as profits for share holders.

Should we choose to focus only on the company’s core business operations, Kenya Airways operational performance for the just ended period is rather dismal compared to the previous periodsSad
 For 2010, Kenya Airways had an operating margin of 2.6%
 For 2009, the operating margin was 5.6%
 For 2008, the operating margin was 11.6%
 For 2007, the operating margin was 13.1%
Declining operating margins over time should be a warning sign to any investor. d'oh!

On average, out of every kshs1 in revenues that Kenya Airways collects annually, it has overtime paid more and more in operational costs. It could imply that the company is having difficulty in bringing in revenues considering that it registered slightly declined revenues compared to the previous year, or that the management is facing increasing challenges in improving the company’s Operational Efficiency.
The 54.5% decline in Operating Profits might explain why despite reporting 148% improvement in earnings, the share registered a 8% decline in trading price as soon as results were published.

A lot is learnt by observing Operating profits trend over time, but it should not be the only factor one considers when planning whether or not the Kenya Airways shares are a viable investment.smile

Ceteris paribus.Pray

KQ now profitable at operating level. https://youtu.be/9HLVOK4mfsE

@maka you act like you didn't see this post.. 😁
Lakini, the banks wants to be paid so shareholders need to wait!
The AGM is on 8th July. I hope you attend.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#15376 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2022 8:03:24 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 13,110
Location: nairobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
ProverB wrote:

For the year ended 31st March 2010, Kenya Airways Ltd recorded Total revenue of Kshs 70,743,000,000.00, and the company’s
Operating Profit amounted to Kshs 1,839,000,000.00

Operating margin = (Operating Profit /Revenues) x 100.
= (1,839,000,000.00 / 70,743,000,000.00) x 100 = 2.6%

Out of every Kshs1.00 Kenya Airways collected as revenue in the year, it retained only Kshs 0.03, as operating profit after paying for the operational expenses incurred in getting that Kshs 1.00
It is out of that 3Cents that Kenya Airways is to pay out financial costs as well as taxes and the balance retained as profits for share holders.

Should we choose to focus only on the company’s core business operations, Kenya Airways operational performance for the just ended period is rather dismal compared to the previous periodsSad
 For 2010, Kenya Airways had an operating margin of 2.6%
 For 2009, the operating margin was 5.6%
 For 2008, the operating margin was 11.6%
 For 2007, the operating margin was 13.1%
Declining operating margins over time should be a warning sign to any investor. d'oh!

On average, out of every kshs1 in revenues that Kenya Airways collects annually, it has overtime paid more and more in operational costs. It could imply that the company is having difficulty in bringing in revenues considering that it registered slightly declined revenues compared to the previous year, or that the management is facing increasing challenges in improving the company’s Operational Efficiency.
The 54.5% decline in Operating Profits might explain why despite reporting 148% improvement in earnings, the share registered a 8% decline in trading price as soon as results were published.

A lot is learnt by observing Operating profits trend over time, but it should not be the only factor one considers when planning whether or not the Kenya Airways shares are a viable investment.smile

Ceteris paribus.Pray

KQ now profitable at operating level. https://youtu.be/9HLVOK4mfsE

@maka you act like you didn't see this post.. 😁
Lakini, the banks wants to be paid so shareholders need to wait!
The AGM is on 8th July. I hope you attend.

There's no AGM for any of my firms that I don't attend. The virtual platforms have really helped. But I miss the KQ snacks, the sausage rolls

COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 161,000 ABP 3.49; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#15377 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2022 8:52:29 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,779
Location: Nairobi
Nostalgia Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

https://twitter.com/Sang...47Ea1jk581Vq3g&s=08

On a KQ flight Nairobi to Mumbai, no seat back screen, no charging port. Guess the entertainment will be on drop down screens every few rows. Memories of flying in the 1980s. Would be nostalgic if I was paying 1980s fares 😦
@KenyaAirways
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#15378 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2022 10:40:29 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 13,110
Location: nairobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
Nostalgia Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

https://twitter.com/Sang...47Ea1jk581Vq3g&s=08

On a KQ flight Nairobi to Mumbai, no seat back screen, no charging port. Guess the entertainment will be on drop down screens every few rows. Memories of flying in the 1980s. Would be nostalgic if I was paying 1980s fares 😦
@KenyaAirways


COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 161,000 ABP 3.49; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
maka
#15379 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2022 4:31:36 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,519
Location: Nairobi
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
KQ chief operating officer tenders resignation- One more senior executive has left troubled national carrier Kenya Airways, signalling the continuation of management restructuring that began in earnest last year. Yves Guibert, the carrier’s chief operating officer (COO), has given notice of intention to leave within the next two months, adding to the list of top managers who have resigned or sent home in the past 12 months. Kenya Airways chief finance officer Alex Mbugua, Rick Sine (fleet director), Gerard Clarke (commercial director) and Alban Mwendar (the human resources director) have left the company since last October amidst a wave of turbulence punctuated by pilot strikes. Mr Mwendar, who the board had requested to stay on to oversee the ongoing rationalisation programme, announced last week that he was exiting the airline to pursue other interests. Kenya Airways also sent Alex Avedi, the director of corporate quality, safety, security and environment and Captain Paul Mwangi, the director flights operations, on a leave of absence for an unspecified duration to facilitate dialogue between the airline and its disgruntled pilots. (Source: Business Daily)

Sad day..very he wasone of the sharpest minds running KQ to me he should have been CEO hands down.Brilliant chap wish him all the best.@Obiero will invite you for his farewell party...


Already appointed CEO of Angolan Airlines TAAG



My man is back.... Yesssssssss.

ION QR is poaching almost everyone skilled from KQ it is crazy. They have opened their wallets big time in their push to dominate Africa.... Analysts, QC guys, Ground Ops fellows they are having a field day. With the financial muscle they have they are going to be big in Africa...
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#15380 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2022 6:39:59 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 13,110
Location: nairobi
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
KQ chief operating officer tenders resignation- One more senior executive has left troubled national carrier Kenya Airways, signalling the continuation of management restructuring that began in earnest last year. Yves Guibert, the carrier’s chief operating officer (COO), has given notice of intention to leave within the next two months, adding to the list of top managers who have resigned or sent home in the past 12 months. Kenya Airways chief finance officer Alex Mbugua, Rick Sine (fleet director), Gerard Clarke (commercial director) and Alban Mwendar (the human resources director) have left the company since last October amidst a wave of turbulence punctuated by pilot strikes. Mr Mwendar, who the board had requested to stay on to oversee the ongoing rationalisation programme, announced last week that he was exiting the airline to pursue other interests. Kenya Airways also sent Alex Avedi, the director of corporate quality, safety, security and environment and Captain Paul Mwangi, the director flights operations, on a leave of absence for an unspecified duration to facilitate dialogue between the airline and its disgruntled pilots. (Source: Business Daily)

Sad day..very he wasone of the sharpest minds running KQ to me he should have been CEO hands down.Brilliant chap wish him all the best.@Obiero will invite you for his farewell party...


Already appointed CEO of Angolan Airlines TAAG



My man is back.... Yesssssssss.

ION QR is poaching almost everyone skilled from KQ it is crazy. They have opened their wallets big time in their push to dominate Africa.... Analysts, QC guys, Ground Ops fellows they are having a field day. With the financial muscle they have they are going to be big in Africa...

YG himself

COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 161,000 ABP 3.49; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Users browsing this topic
Guest (10)
770 Pages«<767768769770>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2022 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.