Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Wednesday, Feb 8, 2023
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Centum FY2022 - FY2026 [113]
SAFARICOM H1 2022-2023 EPS down 10% [29]
EABL half year 2019/2020 results [105]
Treasury Bills and Bonds [1632]
Housing Finance: HFCK a diamond in the rough [2280]
Madness at the NSE [2418]
KENGEN 2021-2025 [117]
Trans Century Limited 2022 - 2025 [17]
KCB 2018 and Beyond [707]
Potential merger NIC + CBA [301]
411 on dividend and AGM [1337]
Equity Bank 2020 [144]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [15409]
Exchange Bar: Results forecast [2469]
Kenya Power - what's the latest? [627]
 
Forum Jump
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Hustlernomics by Kenya Kwanza
sparkly
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2022 8:21:50 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 8,083
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
Kenya Kwanza takes over an economy that is battered by internal and external forces. The country was still struggling to recover from Covid19 slowdown then war broke out in Europe. Locally, the public debt is at historic high. A huge chunk of the tax collections go into servicing debt. Inflation is artificially suppressed. Were it not for government subsidies, fuel would be over KShs 200 per litre and unga over KShs 250 per 2 kg packet.

The big question is whether the bottom up "Hustlenomics" approach, which is tellingly silent on the management of the national level economy (macro-economics) will save Kenya.

Contemporary developmental economists like Amartya Sen advocate for high public investment in democratic and social institutions. Such is not possible without fiscal discipline and eradication of corruption.

The next 10 years will be interesting.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Much Know
#2 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2022 5:04:17 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/6/2008
Posts: 3,547
sparkly wrote:
Kenya Kwanza takes over an economy that is battered by internal and external forces. The country was still struggling to recover from Covid19 slowdown then war broke out in Europe. Locally, the public debt is at historic high. A huge chunk of the tax collections go into servicing debt. Inflation is artificially suppressed. Were it not for government subsidies, fuel would be over KShs 200 per litre and unga over KShs 250 per 2 kg packet.

The big question is whether the bottom up "Hustlenomics" approach, which is tellingly silent on the management of the national level economy (macro-economics) will save Kenya.

Contemporary developmental economists like Amartya Sen advocate for high public investment in democratic and social institutions. Such is not possible without fiscal discipline and eradication of corruption.

The next 10 years will be interesting.

The next 20years, will be similar to the last 60years that the leader is from only two tribes. There is nothing else like economy happening here. If you look at KCSE data the tribes at the top are very different from IEBC data over the last 60 years and is bound to continue maybe for fifty more years. This has a serious effect on morale and performance as opportunities in Kenya are restricted by tribe. Things stand to get worse.
A New Kenya
wukan
#3 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2022 5:20:29 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/13/2015
Posts: 1,525
From where I stand the issue was who got the urban vote and who got the rural vote. I see that Az got the progressive urban vote, the middle class vote, the old money and govt technocrats essentially the deep state. What he does with that constituency is up to him. I'm sure they will squander it. These are also status quo people who might not like too much push and will place all manner of obstacles on KK transformation.

KK got the rural vote and the innovative, hungry for success vote with which they can create their own deep state. They has the time, the demographic and focus to do that. The only problem is that the KK leaders will spend the next 5 years trying to rub it in. It's a bit shocking that DP elect is still talking about siasa za mlima and seeking validation from the outgoing.

The next 10 years will be interesting. As someone quipped on twitter if there were celebrations in your area you need to work really hard.
obiero
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2022 8:20:31 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 13,218
Location: nairobi
wukan wrote:
From where I stand the issue was who got the urban vote and who got the rural vote. I see that Az got the progressive urban vote, the middle class vote, the old money and govt technocrats essentially the deep state. What he does with that constituency is up to him. I'm sure they will squander it. These are also status quo people who might not like too much push and will place all manner of obstacles on KK transformation.

KK got the rural vote and the innovative, hungry for success vote with which they can create their own deep state. They has the time, the demographic and focus to do that. The only problem is that the KK leaders will spend the next 5 years trying to rub it in. It's a bit shocking that DP elect is still talking about siasa za mlima and seeking validation from the outgoing.

The next 10 years will be interesting. As someone quipped on twitter if there were celebrations in your area you need to work really hard.

Economic emotions aside, could it be really possible that the two men won. Like really?

COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 286,000 ABP 3.49; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
sparkly
#5 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2022 3:38:42 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 8,083
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
obiero wrote:
wukan wrote:
From where I stand the issue was who got the urban vote and who got the rural vote. I see that Az got the progressive urban vote, the middle class vote, the old money and govt technocrats essentially the deep state. What he does with that constituency is up to him. I'm sure they will squander it. These are also status quo people who might not like too much push and will place all manner of obstacles on KK transformation.

KK got the rural vote and the innovative, hungry for success vote with which they can create their own deep state. They has the time, the demographic and focus to do that. The only problem is that the KK leaders will spend the next 5 years trying to rub it in. It's a bit shocking that DP elect is still talking about siasa za mlima and seeking validation from the outgoing.

The next 10 years will be interesting. As someone quipped on twitter if there were celebrations in your area you need to work really hard.

Economic emotions aside, could it be really possible that the two men won. Like really?


The perplexing question is how Azimio lost, with State machinery behind them, and Uhuru being the Chairman of the Azimio Council.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Impunity
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2022 1:07:48 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/2/2009
Posts: 26,318
Location: Masada
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
wukan wrote:
From where I stand the issue was who got the urban vote and who got the rural vote. I see that Az got the progressive urban vote, the middle class vote, the old money and govt technocrats essentially the deep state. What he does with that constituency is up to him. I'm sure they will squander it. These are also status quo people who might not like too much push and will place all manner of obstacles on KK transformation.

KK got the rural vote and the innovative, hungry for success vote with which they can create their own deep state. They has the time, the demographic and focus to do that. The only problem is that the KK leaders will spend the next 5 years trying to rub it in. It's a bit shocking that DP elect is still talking about siasa za mlima and seeking validation from the outgoing.

The next 10 years will be interesting. As someone quipped on twitter if there were celebrations in your area you need to work really hard.

Economic emotions aside, could it be really possible that the two men won. Like really?


The perplexing question is how Azimio lost, with State machinery behind them, and Uhuru being the Chairman of the Azimio Council.


Shocking.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2023 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.