Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Wednesday, Oct 5, 2022
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
411 on dividend and AGM [1281]
SAFARICOM [49]
Law Capping interest rates [2998]
Kenya Power Dividend [24]
Nation Media Group HY 2019 profit down 24% [123]
KENGEN 2021-2025 [79]
KCB 2018 and Beyond [666]
MTN Uganda IPO..Whats cutting over there?? [79]
Treasury Bills and Bonds [1610]
Flutterwave: Nigerians defrauded / Money Laundry? [3]
2021 Dividend Draught Projections [110]
Madness at the NSE [2398]
KenyaRe FY19 - FY23 (Both Inclusive) [763]
Housing Finance: HFCK a diamond in the rough [2223]
Stanlib Fahari I-Reit FY 2019 [64]
 
Forum Jump
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages«<3456>
Centum FY2022 - FY2026
Ericsson
#81 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2022 4:28:15 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 10,412
Location: NAIROBI
Centum touches low of ksh.12.50 in today's trading.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
heri
#82 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2022 11:33:06 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 9/14/2011
Posts: 802
Location: nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
Centum touches low of ksh.12.50 in today's trading.


watching my pension go up in smoke
My 2 cents
#83 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2022 12:18:12 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 6/2/2010
Posts: 893
Real estate sector is suffering some major pains. Centum, Cytonn, Insurance companies and all other players who invested big in the space are having their heads handed to them.
VituVingiSana
#84 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2022 4:19:43 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,812
Location: Nairobi
My 2 cents wrote:
Real estate sector is suffering some major pains. Centum, Cytonn, Insurance companies and all other players who invested big in the space are having their heads handed to them.
COVID came out of left field then add elections and poor management of the economy BUT this gives those who have b___s of steel to get in and wait.

Isuzu is doing well (HY briefing).
Sidian did well (FY21 results).
Riverbank is open.
Awali and Palm Ridge units were handed over.
ACE/Sabis has re-opened.
Cash/bonds on hand under Nabo.
3bn unlocked for the sale to Coke.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
My 2 cents
#85 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2022 8:10:43 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 6/2/2010
Posts: 893
VituVingiSana wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
Real estate sector is suffering some major pains. Centum, Cytonn, Insurance companies and all other players who invested big in the space are having their heads handed to them.
COVID came out of left field then add elections and poor management of the economy BUT this gives those who have b___s of steel to get in and wait.

Isuzu is doing well (HY briefing).
Sidian did well (FY21 results).
Riverbank is open.
Awali and Palm Ridge units were handed over.
ACE/Sabis has re-opened.
Cash/bonds on hand under Nabo.
3bn unlocked for the sale to Coke.


Centum will look back with regret at their timing of divesture from public equities - just when there was a multi-year bear run. Apparently it is not at all popular nor easy to invest when there is 'blood in the streets'. It is far much easier to chase trends and jump in and out of hot investments.
McGill
#86 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2022 11:16:07 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 8/1/2019
Posts: 72
This is one company that I gave up trying to understand. So many moving parts... sidian, longhorn, real estate, coal, insurance. Sina uwezo.
VituVingiSana
#87 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2022 11:52:38 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,812
Location: Nairobi
My 2 cents wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
Real estate sector is suffering some major pains. Centum, Cytonn, Insurance companies and all other players who invested big in the space are having their heads handed to them.
COVID came out of left field then add elections and poor management of the economy BUT this gives those who have b___s of steel to get in and wait.

Isuzu is doing well (HY briefing).
Sidian did well (FY21 results).
Riverbank is open.
Awali and Palm Ridge units were handed over.
ACE/Sabis has re-opened.
Cash/bonds on hand under Nabo.
3bn unlocked for the sale to Coke.


Centum will look back with regret at their timing of divesture from public equities - just when there was a multi-year bear run. Apparently it is not at all popular nor easy to invest when there is 'blood in the streets'. It is far much easier to chase trends and jump in and out of hot investments.

Have you actually read their annual report?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#88 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2022 11:55:58 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,812
Location: Nairobi
McGill wrote:
This is one company that I gave up trying to understand. So many moving parts... sidian, longhorn, real estate, coal, insurance. Sina uwezo.
I suggest you do not even contemplate looking at a page of Berkshire Hathaway's Annual Report.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
My 2 cents
#89 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2022 5:57:08 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 6/2/2010
Posts: 893
VituVingiSana wrote:
McGill wrote:
This is one company that I gave up trying to understand. So many moving parts... sidian, longhorn, real estate, coal, insurance. Sina uwezo.
I suggest you do not even contemplate looking at a page of Berkshire Hathaway's Annual Report.


The disparate companies in the portfolio of both companies, that's where the resemblance with Berkshire Hathaway ends.

Unlike Centum, BH does not;

- Offload their winners, they ride them.
- Gorge on debt
- Jump in and out of businesses at rapid scale
- Hardly any scandals
Ericsson
#90 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2022 6:47:51 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 10,412
Location: NAIROBI
VituVingiSana wrote:
McGill wrote:
This is one company that I gave up trying to understand. So many moving parts... sidian, longhorn, real estate, coal, insurance. Sina uwezo.
I suggest you do not even contemplate looking at a page of Berkshire Hathaway's Annual Report.


BlackRock and Centum are incomparable.
Tuache kujidanganya eti the two are similar.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
My 2 cents
#91 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2022 1:09:26 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 6/2/2010
Posts: 893
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
McGill wrote:
This is one company that I gave up trying to understand. So many moving parts... sidian, longhorn, real estate, coal, insurance. Sina uwezo.
I suggest you do not even contemplate looking at a page of Berkshire Hathaway's Annual Report.


BlackRock and Centum are incomparable.
Tuache kujidanganya eti the two are similar.


Who talked about Blackrock?????d'oh!
Ericsson
#92 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2022 8:50:25 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 10,412
Location: NAIROBI
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
McGill wrote:
This is one company that I gave up trying to understand. So many moving parts... sidian, longhorn, real estate, coal, insurance. Sina uwezo.
I suggest you do not even contemplate looking at a page of Berkshire Hathaway's Annual Report.


BlackRock and Centum are incomparable.
Tuache kujidanganya eti the two are similar.

Sorry Berkshire Hathaway not Blackrock
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
McGill
#93 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2022 9:49:01 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 8/1/2019
Posts: 72
Ericsson wrote:
Centum touches low of ksh.12.50 in today's trading.


Now at ksh10.00. What are the expectations for full year results?
Ericsson
#94 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2022 12:56:18 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 10,412
Location: NAIROBI
McGill wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Centum touches low of ksh.12.50 in today's trading.


Now at ksh10.00. What are the expectations for full year results?


Nothing positive to look forward to
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
watesh
#95 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2022 10:27:06 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 8/10/2014
Posts: 923
Location: Kenya
McGill wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Centum touches low of ksh.12.50 in today's trading.


Now at ksh10.00. What are the expectations for full year results?


Centum RE and TRDL are the deciding factors....Longhorn, Sidian, Isuzu, NAS Servair, Greenblade growers, Nabo Capital and ACE Holdings all seem to be doing fine. But real estate make up a large chunk of the assets
VituVingiSana
#96 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2022 4:47:26 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,812
Location: Nairobi
watesh wrote:
McGill wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Centum touches low of ksh.12.50 in today's trading.


Now at ksh10.00. What are the expectations for full year results?


Centum RE and TRDL are the deciding factors....Longhorn, Sidian, Isuzu, NAS Servair, Greenblade growers, Nabo Capital and ACE Holdings all seem to be doing fine. But real estate make up a large chunk of the assets

CRE seems to be doing OK but the real cash will come in later as properties are completed and handed over.

Deposits and monthly payments from clients (Cascadia, Palm) are used to fund the completion of the units as well as cover expenses (staff and interest).

The cream is when the "unsold" units are sold prior or after completion. These units have been build using the "profits" from the earlier sales. Some folks will only buy completed or near-completed units after being burnt by shady developers who sell off-plan.

Suraya comes to mind. There are so many other smaller players.

Isuzu, Nabo and Longhorn will likely pay dividends.
NAS is probably bleeding given COVID's after effects and low tourism.
Sidian doesn't pay dividends according to their Annual Report since the bank is growing. It had a Rights Issue.
ACE might be losing money unless all the kids returned to school. With the economic malaise some kids may not have returned.
Greenblade was losing money due to COVID (reduced exports) but I read it is expanding so no dividends should be expected as it grows.

TRDC is a black hole. It is probably doing better now than in 2020/21 but it needs a lot of work on the mall. Also lots of empty spaces in the mall. Go upstairs. One office tower remains empty.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
watesh
#97 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2022 7:41:59 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 8/10/2014
Posts: 923
Location: Kenya
VituVingiSana wrote:
watesh wrote:
McGill wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Centum touches low of ksh.12.50 in today's trading.


Now at ksh10.00. What are the expectations for full year results?


Centum RE and TRDL are the deciding factors....Longhorn, Sidian, Isuzu, NAS Servair, Greenblade growers, Nabo Capital and ACE Holdings all seem to be doing fine. But real estate make up a large chunk of the assets

CRE seems to be doing OK but the real cash will come in later as properties are completed and handed over.

Deposits and monthly payments from clients (Cascadia, Palm) are used to fund the completion of the units as well as cover expenses (staff and interest).

The cream is when the "unsold" units are sold prior or after completion. These units have been build using the "profits" from the earlier sales. Some folks will only buy completed or near-completed units after being burnt by shady developers who sell off-plan.

Suraya comes to mind. There are so many other smaller players.

Isuzu, Nabo and Longhorn will likely pay dividends.
NAS is probably bleeding given COVID's after effects and low tourism.
Sidian doesn't pay dividends according to their Annual Report since the bank is growing. It had a Rights Issue.
ACE might be losing money unless all the kids returned to school. With the economic malaise some kids may not have returned.
Greenblade was losing money due to COVID (reduced exports) but I read it is expanding so no dividends should be expected as it grows.

TRDC is a black hole. It is probably doing better now than in 2020/21 but it needs a lot of work on the mall. Also lots of empty spaces in the mall. Go upstairs. One office tower remains empty.


So technically as shareholders, we are at the mercy of Vipingo Development LTD to do land sales and push a dividend to Centum so that we can get a substantial amount per share. I wonder what happened to the deal with GEM Global Yield
VituVingiSana
#98 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2022 8:05:06 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,812
Location: Nairobi
watesh wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
watesh wrote:
McGill wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Centum touches low of ksh.12.50 in today's trading.


Now at ksh10.00. What are the expectations for full year results?


Centum RE and TRDL are the deciding factors....Longhorn, Sidian, Isuzu, NAS Servair, Greenblade growers, Nabo Capital and ACE Holdings all seem to be doing fine. But real estate make up a large chunk of the assets

CRE seems to be doing OK but the real cash will come in later as properties are completed and handed over.

Deposits and monthly payments from clients (Cascadia, Palm) are used to fund the completion of the units as well as cover expenses (staff and interest).

The cream is when the "unsold" units are sold prior or after completion. These units have been build using the "profits" from the earlier sales. Some folks will only buy completed or near-completed units after being burnt by shady developers who sell off-plan.

Suraya comes to mind. There are so many other smaller players.

Isuzu, Nabo and Longhorn will likely pay dividends.
NAS is probably bleeding given COVID's after effects and low tourism.
Sidian doesn't pay dividends according to their Annual Report since the bank is growing. It had a Rights Issue.
ACE might be losing money unless all the kids returned to school. With the economic malaise some kids may not have returned.
Greenblade was losing money due to COVID (reduced exports) but I read it is expanding so no dividends should be expected as it grows.

TRDC is a black hole. It is probably doing better now than in 2020/21 but it needs a lot of work on the mall. Also lots of empty spaces in the mall. Go upstairs. One office tower remains empty.


So technically as shareholders, we are at the mercy of Vipingo Development LTD to do land sales and push a dividend to Centum so that we can get a substantial amount per share. I wonder what happened to the deal with GEM Global Yield
Real Estate development is a business that requires a lot of cash.

According to the Chairman/CEO in the Annual Report and Presentation, the dividend is paid from cash earnings from the Marketable Securities. The win over KRA released 3bn of the 7bn that was locked which will help.

I think Centum will pay a hefty dividend only after Cascadia is sold out. There are 400 units and only 57% sold as of Sep 2021. The balance of 43% need to be built and funding will be needed.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#99 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2022 3:29:43 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,812
Location: Nairobi
Centum to sell its stake in Sidian to Access (Nigeria) for Shs 4.3bn
https://twitter.com/Mwan...t=10KQ-Nq5Z7tqsNpl0HUOug
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
watesh
#100 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2022 8:51:27 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 8/10/2014
Posts: 923
Location: Kenya
[quote=VituVingiSana]Centum to sell its stake in Sidian to Access (Nigeria) for Shs 4.3bn
https://twitter.com/Mwan...=10KQ-Nq5Z7tqsNpl0HUOug[/quote]

On a P/E basis, they got a good deal as per the current market valuations. However, they lost money overall over the 13 years despite bringing it to higher profitability than when they bought it.

The potential in the banking industry seemed so much bigger, especially with the approval of risk-based pricing and higher interest rates. Anyway if they take that money and buy KCB shares at the current market price, assuming a 30% payout, the dividends they get would be almost equal to the full year profit Sidian brought in. So better returns out there for sure.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
6 Pages«<3456>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2022 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.