Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Tuesday, Sep 22, 2020
Club SK
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
BEST 2022 Hustler Woman Deputy President [3]
William Ruto is NOT going to be President in 2022 [1625]
Affordable Housing by Government of Kenya [155]
Coronavirus [2595]
Kiosks, cars and goats SWEPT AWAY on Kirinyaga roa... [34]
Devolution Revenue Sharing Formula [197]
Ngunjiri Wambugu [27]
Deep State. [6]
Tanzania - What do you want from Kenya? [95]
Barclays English Premier League 2020/2021 [2]
POTUS TRUMP [1443]
Lake Bogoria/Baringo handshake [3]
COVID EATERS. [65]
Kenya to give Ksh 6 billion AID to South Sudan [7]
Climate change happening under our noses [27]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Beirut
murchr
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 05, 2020 12:21:36 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 15,756
JUST IN: Lebanese sources report 2,700 tons of ammonium nitrate exploded at Beirut Port earlier today

Fertilizer

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
wukan
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 05, 2020 9:52:43 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/13/2015
Posts: 1,448
kmucheke
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 05, 2020 5:08:45 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/16/2019
Posts: 172
To put this explosion in context, read the quoted text below.
Quote:
Timothy McVeigh used two tonnes of ammonium nitrate to create a bomb which destroyed a federal building and killed 168 people.


Quote:
President Michel Aoun said the blast was caused by 2,750 tonnes of ammonium nitrate stored unsafely in a warehouse.


This should give you a rough clue on the size and consequence of the blast.
murchr
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 05, 2020 5:22:17 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 15,756
kmucheke wrote:
To put this explosion in context, read the quoted text below.
Quote:
Timothy McVeigh used two tonnes of ammonium nitrate to create a bomb which destroyed a federal building and killed 168 people.


Quote:
President Michel Aoun said the blast was caused by 2,750 tonnes of ammonium nitrate stored unsafely in a warehouse.


This should give you a rough clue on the size and consequence of the blast.


It destroyed the whole city. I wonder why they had all that stored in one place given that its an explosive.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
kmucheke
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 05, 2020 5:34:16 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/16/2019
Posts: 172
murchr wrote:
kmucheke wrote:
To put this explosion in context, read the quoted text below.
Quote:
Timothy McVeigh used two tonnes of ammonium nitrate to create a bomb which destroyed a federal building and killed 168 people.


Quote:
President Michel Aoun said the blast was caused by 2,750 tonnes of ammonium nitrate stored unsafely in a warehouse.


This should give you a rough clue on the size and consequence of the blast.


It destroyed the whole city. I wonder why they had all that stored in one place given that its an explosive.


Primarily it is used as a fertilizer and on its own it cannot ignite or explode.
However when in large quantities and stored poorly where it can come into contact with fuel or explosive detonation then you are in trouble.
Kusadikika
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 05, 2020 6:14:41 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/22/2008
Posts: 2,681
kmucheke wrote:
murchr wrote:
kmucheke wrote:
To put this explosion in context, read the quoted text below.
Quote:
Timothy McVeigh used two tonnes of ammonium nitrate to create a bomb which destroyed a federal building and killed 168 people.


Quote:
President Michel Aoun said the blast was caused by 2,750 tonnes of ammonium nitrate stored unsafely in a warehouse.


This should give you a rough clue on the size and consequence of the blast.


It destroyed the whole city. I wonder why they had all that stored in one place given that its an explosive.


Primarily it is used as a fertilizer and on its own it cannot ignite or explode.
However when in large quantities and stored poorly where it can come into contact with fuel or explosive detonation then you are in trouble.


Of course Mossad would have that kind of intelligence. Why cause a war when you can cause an accident and achieve far greater devastation. Just saying.
kmucheke
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 05, 2020 6:28:15 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/16/2019
Posts: 172
Kusadikika wrote:
kmucheke wrote:
murchr wrote:
kmucheke wrote:
To put this explosion in context, read the quoted text below.
Quote:
Timothy McVeigh used two tonnes of ammonium nitrate to create a bomb which destroyed a federal building and killed 168 people.


Quote:
President Michel Aoun said the blast was caused by 2,750 tonnes of ammonium nitrate stored unsafely in a warehouse.


This should give you a rough clue on the size and consequence of the blast.


It destroyed the whole city. I wonder why they had all that stored in one place given that its an explosive.


Primarily it is used as a fertilizer and on its own it cannot ignite or explode.
However when in large quantities and stored poorly where it can come into contact with fuel or explosive detonation then you are in trouble.


Of course Mossad would have that kind of intelligence. Why cause a war when you can cause an accident and achieve far greater devastation. Just saying.


In similar explosions involving ammonium nitrate, it was either accidental detonation or deliberate detonation. It is for the investigators to determine which.
murchr
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 05, 2020 6:45:50 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 15,756
kmucheke wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
kmucheke wrote:
murchr wrote:
kmucheke wrote:
To put this explosion in context, read the quoted text below.
Quote:
Timothy McVeigh used two tonnes of ammonium nitrate to create a bomb which destroyed a federal building and killed 168 people.


Quote:
President Michel Aoun said the blast was caused by 2,750 tonnes of ammonium nitrate stored unsafely in a warehouse.


This should give you a rough clue on the size and consequence of the blast.


It destroyed the whole city. I wonder why they had all that stored in one place given that its an explosive.


Primarily it is used as a fertilizer and on its own it cannot ignite or explode.
However when in large quantities and stored poorly where it can come into contact with fuel or explosive detonation then you are in trouble.


Of course Mossad would have that kind of intelligence. Why cause a war when you can cause an accident and achieve far greater devastation. Just saying.


In similar explosions involving ammonium nitrate, it was either accidental detonation or deliberate detonation. It is for the investigators to determine which.



Still why lazily store it in such large quantities right in the middle of the city?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
harrydre
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 05, 2020 7:04:16 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/10/2008
Posts: 9,114
Location: Kanjo
murchr wrote:
JUST IN: Lebanese sources report 2,700 tons of ammonium nitrate exploded at Beirut Port earlier today

Fertilizer






Pray Pray hii kitu sio mchezo!!
R.I.P John Lewis
murchr
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 05, 2020 7:24:12 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 15,756
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
Kusadikika
#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 05, 2020 7:47:27 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/22/2008
Posts: 2,681
Apparently they brought some guys to weld the door of the warehouse so that the Ammonium Nitrate is not stolen!!!! That is what started the fire.



From the power of the blast, these guys must have been vaporized. I don't think they will find some bodies.
kayhara
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 05, 2020 8:46:14 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 5/5/2011
Posts: 1,048
Damn was checking some videos, even guys 3km away had less than 2 seconds to react, word is that the nitrite had been sitting at the warehouse for 6 years.
To Each His Own
kmucheke
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 05, 2020 9:13:34 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/16/2019
Posts: 172
kayhara wrote:
Damn was checking some videos, even guys 3km away had less than 2 seconds to react, word is that the nitrite had been sitting at the warehouse for 6 years.


Yes, nost news outlets state that ammonium nitrate was kept there in 2014.
kmucheke
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 05, 2020 9:28:56 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/16/2019
Posts: 172
Kusadikika wrote:
Apparently they brought some guys to weld the door of the warehouse so that the Ammonium Nitrate is not stolen!!!! That is what started the fire.



From the power of the blast, these guys must have been vaporized. I don't think they will find some bodies.


If indeed that photo is site before the blast.
Then zero safety measures were in place.
Look, they don't have any safety protective equipment at that worksite. There are no warning signs. Clearly safety awareness is lacking in that photo.
kmucheke
#15 Posted : Thursday, August 06, 2020 9:30:06 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/16/2019
Posts: 172
A similar disaster that happened in Tianjin, China on August 12,2015 resulted in swift severe punishment for those found culpable.

Quote:
On 8 November 2016, various courts in China handed jail sentences to 49 government officials and warehouse executives and staff for their roles in circumventing the safety rules that led to the disaster. Yu Xuewei, the Chairman of Ruihai Logistics, was sentenced to death with a two-year reprieve.


https://www.npr.org/sect...n-warehouse-explosions/

https://en.wikipedia.org.../2015_Tianjin_explosions
sparkly
#16 Posted : Thursday, August 06, 2020 7:58:04 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,882
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
Kusadikika wrote:
Apparently they brought some guys to weld the door of the warehouse so that the Ammonium Nitrate is not stolen!!!! That is what started the fire.



From the power of the blast, these guys must have been vaporized. I don't think they will find some bodies.


Who took this photo and how was he and/ or his camera able to survive the blast?
Life is short. Live passionately.
radiomast
#17 Posted : Friday, August 07, 2020 5:42:34 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 2/15/2018
Posts: 404
So many errors were committed here.
kmucheke
#18 Posted : Friday, August 07, 2020 6:28:05 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/16/2019
Posts: 172
Kusadikika wrote:
Apparently they brought some guys to weld the door of the warehouse so that the Ammonium Nitrate is not stolen!!!! That is what started the fire.



From the power of the blast, these guys must have been vaporized. I don't think they will find some bodies.


According to some news outlets that warehouse photo is legit.




The name on those sacks may be a rip off of another brand manufactured by a mining explosives company.

One of the men has a facemask on his chin.

The windows, roof and doors match the photos of the burning warehouse.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2020 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.