Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Friday, Dec 4, 2020
Club SK
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Mukhisa Kituyi - Salvation for Kenya? [20]
President Uhuru Kenyatta 2nd Term - 2017/2022 [578]
ICT Practitioner Bill...Again [7]
Reject This BBI Joke [100]
Kiosks, cars and goats SWEPT AWAY on Kirinyaga roa... [60]
Joseph Kushner [2]
POTUS TRUMP [1634]
Kysee [4]
Waiguru’s buys ball pens at Sh8,700 each!!!!!!!!!!... [331]
Coronavirus [2689]
Huduma Namba Je Una yako? [185]
Uganda is burning [3]
@KIASH [279]
Tanzania - What do you want from Kenya? [96]
What If Lamu [9]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

135 Pages«<131132133134135>
Coronavirus
aemathenge
#2641 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2020 7:32:08 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/18/2008
Posts: 3,359
Location: Kerugoya
Africa has defied the covid-19 nightmare scenarios. We shouldn’t be surprised.

Opinion by Karen Attiah
Global Opinions editor
September 22, 2020 at 4:22 p.m. GMT+3


Quote:
As the United States approaches 200,000 deaths, the West seems largely blind to Africa’s successes.

In recent weeks, headline writers seem to be doing their hardest to try to reconcile Western stereotypes about Africa with the reality of the low death rates on the continent.

The BBC came under fire for a since-changed headline and a tweet that read “Coronavirus in Africa: Could poverty explain mystery of low death rate?”

The New York Post published an article with the headline, “Scientists can’t explain puzzling lack of coronavirus outbreaks in Africa.”

It’s almost as if they are disappointed that Africans aren’t dying en masse and countries are not collapsing.

While Black Americans have been disproportionately contracting covid-19 and dying, Africa’s performance shows, as I quoted a Kenyan anthropologist saying in May, “being a black person in this world doesn’t kill you, but being a black person in America clearly can.”


Source: The Washington Post
Link: https://www.washingtonpo...e-shouldnt-be-surprised/
masukuma
#2642 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2020 3:08:43 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/4/2006
Posts: 13,701
Location: Nairobi
aemathenge wrote:
Africa has defied the covid-19 nightmare scenarios. We shouldn’t be surprised.

Opinion by Karen Attiah
Global Opinions editor
September 22, 2020 at 4:22 p.m. GMT+3


Quote:
As the United States approaches 200,000 deaths, the West seems largely blind to Africa’s successes.

In recent weeks, headline writers seem to be doing their hardest to try to reconcile Western stereotypes about Africa with the reality of the low death rates on the continent.

The BBC came under fire for a since-changed headline and a tweet that read “Coronavirus in Africa: Could poverty explain mystery of low death rate?”

The New York Post published an article with the headline, “Scientists can’t explain puzzling lack of coronavirus outbreaks in Africa.”

It’s almost as if they are disappointed that Africans aren’t dying en masse and countries are not collapsing.

While Black Americans have been disproportionately contracting covid-19 and dying, Africa’s performance shows, as I quoted a Kenyan anthropologist saying in May, “being a black person in this world doesn’t kill you, but being a black person in America clearly can.”


Source: The Washington Post
Link: https://www.washingtonpo...-shouldnt-be-surprised/


ouch!!! they will need to pour water on that burn.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
murchr
#2643 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2020 3:17:53 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 15,861
masukuma wrote:
aemathenge wrote:

Africa has defied the covid-19 nightmare scenarios. We shouldn’t be surprised.


Opinion by Karen Attiah
Global Opinions editor
September 22, 2020 at 4:22 p.m. GMT+3


Quote:
As the United States approaches 200,000 deaths, the West seems largely blind to Africa’s successes.

In recent weeks, headline writers seem to be doing their hardest to try to reconcile Western stereotypes about Africa with the reality of the low death rates on the continent.

The BBC came under fire for a since-changed headline and a tweet that read “Coronavirus in Africa: Could poverty explain mystery of low death rate?”

The New York Post published an article with the headline, “Scientists can’t explain puzzling lack of coronavirus outbreaks in Africa.”

It’s almost as if they are disappointed that Africans aren’t dying en masse and countries are not collapsing.

While Black Americans have been disproportionately contracting covid-19 and dying, Africa’s performance shows, as I quoted a Kenyan anthropologist saying in May, “being a black person in this world doesn’t kill you, but being a black person in America clearly can.”


Source: The Washington Post
Link: https://www.washingtonpo...-shouldnt-be-surprised/


ouch!!! they will need to pour water on that burn.



Am beginning to think that BCG shot is essential for the survival of humankind.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
Queen
#2644 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2020 3:03:12 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/21/2018
Posts: 427
Location: Britain
In the last 24 hrs, we have registered 318 new cases from a sample size of 2592 persons to give a positivity rate of 12.3%, the highest thus far. 10 patients have succumbed to the disease.
Bigchick
#2645 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2020 5:57:19 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/8/2013
Posts: 4,049
Location: At Large.
Seems we got Covid Fatigue and stopped discussing it in this forum.

We need words of encouragement and wakeup calls from one another.

Things are getting messy.Pray Pray

The last one month I can mention 5 people I know who have gotten ill and gone.Also cases of pneumonia on the rise.

@Mpobiz say a word.....




Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
alma1
#2646 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2020 6:55:20 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/19/2015
Posts: 2,857
Location: hapo
Bigchick wrote:
Seems we got Covid Fatigue and stopped discussing it in this forum.

We need words of encouragement and wakeup calls from one another.

Things are getting messy.Pray Pray

The last one month I can mention 5 people I know who have gotten ill and gone.Also cases of pneumonia on the rise.

@Mpobiz say a word.....






Bigchick my fren

There's nothing to be said about this virus. It does what it does. Kenyans like complaining a lot and they will surely have a topic this November and December.

It is now in gishagi, you know the consequences for that. Our gov't has given up and is busy with BBI...Shauri yenu.

Please note...Each and every country where the masses have swallowed the lie that it ain't all that, is NOW suffering. Yes, that includes TZ by the way.

Before you get the vaccines to deal with it, Covid-19 has every intention of ending 2020 with a bang..

Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

vky
#2647 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2020 12:34:30 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 6/17/2010
Posts: 571
Protect your eyes and ears so that your mind and body wont lead you on to a wild goose chase that is organised healthcare butressed by conditioning tools known as 'experts'
Always remember that the mind processes it does not think, if you get this, good, if you dont you may get it later on or never get it.
'One headache for famous medieval holy people was that someone might murder you to acquire your body parts for the relics trade'
mpobiz
#2648 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2020 5:41:10 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 8/10/2010
Posts: 2,111
alma1 wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Seems we got Covid Fatigue and stopped discussing it in this forum.

We need words of encouragement and wakeup calls from one another.

Things are getting messy.Pray Pray

The last one month I can mention 5 people I know who have gotten ill and gone.Also cases of pneumonia on the rise.

@Mpobiz say a word.....






Bigchick my fren

There's nothing to be said about this virus. It does what it does. Kenyans like complaining a lot and they will surely have a topic this November and December.

It is now in gishagi, you know the consequences for that. Our gov't has given up and is busy with BBI...Shauri yenu.

Please note...Each and every country where the masses have swallowed the lie that it ain't all that, is NOW suffering. Yes, that includes TZ by the way.

Before you get the vaccines to deal with it, Covid-19 has every intention of ending 2020 with a bang..



First I would like to say that here in Kenya or in Africa there is nothing like a second wave. Fact is there was never a first or was there any wave. What kind of wave that only causes 10 deaths a day in a country of 50million people.
Most of the persons who have died from covid are person's with underlying conditions. Even our elderly are coping well with this infection.
The worst mistake we did was to import European methods or solutions to solve this problem.
@bigchik.. sleep easy from today uko sawa kabisa. Don't be preoccupied with counting the dead around you because people must die. Nowadays because of social media the world seems like a small village whare you can identify or relate with someone in kakamega while you live in lamu. In a small town in Italy called bergamo you don't need social media to count 500 people who have died within one kilometer square.
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
sqft
#2649 Posted : Sunday, November 01, 2020 12:06:10 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/10/2015
Posts: 771
Location: Kenya
England put under lockdown AGAIN.








Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
murchr
#2650 Posted : Sunday, November 08, 2020 7:03:20 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 15,861
Corona is not spreading because people are out there at night, but because we are unsanitary. Hizo glass mnatumia kwa hoteli na bar zime oshwa vizuri kweli? Maybe plastic cups are the way to go until this thing is kaput
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
Gathige
#2651 Posted : Sunday, November 08, 2020 8:50:22 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/29/2011
Posts: 2,216
murchr wrote:
Corona is not spreading because people are out there at night, but because we are unsanitary. Hizo glass mnatumia kwa hoteli na bar zime oshwa vizuri kweli? Maybe plastic cups are the way to go until this thing is kaput



Actually, the service industry should adopt disposable cutlery until this pandemic is over. Don't want to imagine what a cleaner with rona can do "hatchewing" while wiping the dishes.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
mv_ufanisi
#2652 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2020 9:16:53 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/15/2010
Posts: 599
Corona is getting worse. I lost an uncle this week after him being in ICU for a while. Health conscious guy who was hitting gym and living alcohol free life. A friend also tested positive and lost two former schoolmates. Things are getting hectic
Lolest!
#2653 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2020 2:54:13 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/18/2011
Posts: 12,061
Location: Kianjokoma
Gathige wrote:
murchr wrote:
Corona is not spreading because people are out there at night, but because we are unsanitary. Hizo glass mnatumia kwa hoteli na bar zime oshwa vizuri kweli? Maybe plastic cups are the way to go until this thing is kaput



Actually, the service industry should adopt disposable cutlery until this pandemic is over. Don't want to imagine what a cleaner with rona can do "hatchewing" while wiping the dishes.

Great points here
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
masukuma
#2654 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2020 3:55:45 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/4/2006
Posts: 13,701
Location: Nairobi
Behold your Cabinet Secretary

Quote:

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt - It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Lolest!
#2655 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2020 3:58:21 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/18/2011
Posts: 12,061
Location: Kianjokoma
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
radiomast
#2656 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2020 4:52:03 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 2/15/2018
Posts: 418
I just looked up Mutahi Kagwe's bio and it turns out he has a degree in commerce. This somewhat explains his sheer illiteracy about health, biology and how a vaccine works. But it does not explain it fully. I don't have a background in health either but even before Covid, I was curious enough to learn how vaccines work. This Kagwe guy just exposed his sheer illiteracy for the whole world to see. Its much worse than when Sonko said Hennessy can help with Coronavirus. Sonko is a mayor. Kagwe has no excuses. He should have atleast researched this topic. Makes you wonder what criteria is being used to select cabinet appointees. Few of them seem competent.
Lolest!
#2657 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2020 5:24:08 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/18/2011
Posts: 12,061
Location: Kianjokoma
radiomast wrote:
I just looked up Mutahi Kagwe's bio and it turns out he has a degree in commerce. This somewhat explains his sheer illiteracy about health, biology and how a vaccine works. But it does not explain it fully. I don't have a background in health either but even before Covid, I was curious enough to learn how vaccines work. This Kagwe guy just exposed his sheer illiteracy for the whole world to see. Its much worse than when Sonko said Hennessy can help with Coronavirus. Sonko is a mayor. Kagwe has no excuses. He should have atleast researched this topic. Makes you wonder what criteria is being used to select cabinet appointees. Few of them seem competent.

Actually, even in a case where the minister isn't an expert in the matter, he ought to utilize his huge army of experts at his disposal.

On a different note, I read that Africans had understanding of vaccines before colonization. Leakey records that extracts from a recovering patient would be 'injected' into a patient.
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Gathige
#2658 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2020 5:31:23 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/29/2011
Posts: 2,216
radiomast wrote:
I just looked up Mutahi Kagwe's bio and it turns out he has a degree in commerce. This somewhat explains his sheer illiteracy about health, biology and how a vaccine works. But it does not explain it fully. I don't have a background in health either but even before Covid, I was curious enough to learn how vaccines work. This Kagwe guy just exposed his sheer illiteracy for the whole world to see. Its much worse than when Sonko said Hennessy can help with Coronavirus. Sonko is a mayor. Kagwe has no excuses. He should have atleast researched this topic. Makes you wonder what criteria is being used to select cabinet appointees. Few of them seem competent.



Tribal arithmetics.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
kmucheke
#2659 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2020 5:46:45 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/16/2019
Posts: 227
Lolest! wrote:

On a different note, I read that Africans had understanding of vaccines before colonization. Leakey records that extracts from a recovering patient would be 'injected' into a patient.


Yes this is true and has been confirmed by many scholars and historians.

Smallpox inoculation existed in sub-Saharan Africa way before the white man arrived. Infact some slaves carried the practice across the Atlantic.
omega
#2660 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2020 6:12:10 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 6/9/2009
Posts: 84
kmucheke wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

On a different note, I read that Africans had understanding of vaccines before colonization. Leakey records that extracts from a recovering patient would be 'injected' into a patient.


Yes this is true and has been confirmed by many scholars and historians.

Smallpox inoculation existed in sub-Saharan Africa way before the white man arrived. Infact some slaves carried the practice across the Atlantic.


How an African Slave in Boston Helped Save Generations from Smallpox
Users browsing this topic
Guest (4)
135 Pages«<131132133134135>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2020 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.