Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Friday, Jan 22, 2021
Club SK
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
POTUS JOE BIDEN [21]
POTUS TRUMP [1774]
Voluntary Exit Program (VEP) [24]
Coronavirus [2737]
President Uhuru Kenyatta 2nd Term - 2017/2022 [684]
PORK William Kipchirchir Samoei Arap Ruto [51]
NAIROBI GOVERNATOR [14]
Bobi Wine vs Museveni [50]
Climate change happening under our noses [28]
Maraga exit [3]
Drunkard should be kicked out of wazua, YES or NO.... [45]
words most misused/abused in Kenya [149]
Ndunduri gwa Kiongo [59]
Sonko for Nairobi Governor [1017]
How to Make Money [15]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson
MatataMingi
#21 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2019 3:24:24 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/17/2009
Posts: 357
Location: Where everyone knows you
hardwood wrote:
@alphadot wont like this. Trouble in the US and now more trouble in the UK....

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-45083275

Quote:
Boris Johnson has been accused of Islamophobia after saying Muslim women wearing burkas "look like letter boxes".

The Muslim Council of Britain accused him of "pandering to the far right".

Labour MP Jess Phillips said she would report Mr Johnson to the Equality and Human Rights Commission.

The Muslim Council of Britain said the comments were "particularly regrettable in this current climate, where Islamophobia and anti-Muslim hatred is becoming worryingly pervasive".

The group said that the government had shown "little action" to tackle anti-Muslim hate and repeated its call for an inquiry into Islamophobia within the Conservative Party.

The chairman of the Conservative Muslim Forum, Mohammed Amin, said the article was "anti-Muslim" and would "whip up hatred of women who wear the niqab and burqa".





HOLD YOUR HORSES SIR !!!

You do realize that Boris Johnson is the great grandson of the Turkish Minister, journalist, poet ALI KEMAL BEY.
Ali's son OSMAN Wilfred Kemal, changed his name to Wilfred Johnson, taking his maternal grandmothers maiden name.
Did you see Boris's father, Stanley yesterday?
He has the biggest hawk nose - very common with Arabs, Turks etc.
Boris's sister Rachel SABIHA Johson still carries the Ali Kemal name as her second name.

CRAZY WORLD !!!!!!
KulaRaha
#22 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 12:36:36 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/26/2007
Posts: 6,492
Angelica _ann wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
FundamentAli wrote:
He is a Joker and a racist too.


Didn't we vote for a joker, tribalist and drunk?


Tho yawa at least the drinking he has admitted in public Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly


Admitting a weakness does not make it disappear...it still affects judgement.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Impunity
#23 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2019 12:53:56 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/2/2009
Posts: 26,285
Location: Masada
radiomast wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
radiomastt wrote:
Kenya is the worst country that you can ask anyone to copy.

Yeah, they better copy DRC or Rwanda!Shame on you


All Kenya's election problems are self-inflicted.
Many of DRCs election issues are because of the sheer size of the country and the remoteness of some regions and the lack of infrastructure.

And in DRC, tribal warfare typically doesn't happen because of elections. If you look closely at the Lendu-Hema conflict for example, you will find that its being fueled by outsiders like Uganda or Rwanda or the UK who are pouring petrol on century old grievances that have nothing to do with elections.

In Kenya, voting is 98% tribal and all the tribal conflicts we have seen in the last 30 years have been fueled by election issues.

Why ?
Because our leaders campaign by explicitly pitting ethnic groups against each other. Then they proceed to rig elections which is like putting iodine on wounds.

So yes Kenya is worse than DRC when it comes to elections.


Iodine ndio JV? Permanganate.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Lolest!
#24 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2019 1:41:07 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/18/2011
Posts: 12,064
Location: Kianjokoma
radiomast wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
radiomastt wrote:
Kenya is the worst country that you can ask anyone to copy.

Yeah, they better copy DRC or Rwanda!Shame on you


All Kenya's election problems are self-inflicted.
Many of DRCs election issues are because of the sheer size of the country and the remoteness of some regions and the lack of infrastructure.

And in DRC, tribal warfare typically doesn't happen because of elections. If you look closely at the Lendu-Hema conflict for example, you will find that its being fueled by outsiders like Uganda or Rwanda or the UK who are pouring petrol on century old grievances that have nothing to do with elections.

In Kenya, voting is 98% tribal and all the tribal conflicts we have seen in the last 30 years have been fueled by election issues.

Why ?
Because our leaders campaign by explicitly pitting ethnic groups against each other. Then they proceed to rig elections which is like putting iodine on wounds.

So yes Kenya is worse than DRC when it comes to elections.

Man, people voting along tribal lines is still part of democracy! The qualifications for the post are determined by the employer (voter). If that voter feels tribe, race, gender, clan etc are more crucial than other more 'civilised' factors it's still his will, it's democracy!
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Angelica _ann
#25 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2019 9:09:36 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 11,795
So Britain is now run by a bunch of immigrant occupying the top 4 offices of government: Prime Minister Boris Johnson is the grandson of Osman Ali Kemal (Turkish); First Minister and Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab is the son of Peter Raab (Czech Jewish); Chancellor of the Exchequer Sajid Javid is the son of Abdul Ghani-Javid (Pakistani); and Home Secretary Priti Patel is the daughter of ushil Patel (Indian).
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Lolest!
#26 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2019 6:02:49 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/18/2011
Posts: 12,064
Location: Kianjokoma
Angelica _ann wrote:
So Britain is now run by a bunch of immigrant occupying the top 4 offices of government: Prime Minister Boris Johnson is the grandson of Osman Ali Kemal (Turkish); First Minister and Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab is the son of Peter Raab (Czech Jewish); Chancellor of the Exchequer Sajid Javid is the son of Abdul Ghani-Javid (Pakistani); and Home Secretary Priti Patel is the daughter of ushil Patel (Indian).

Won't take long before we see a Indian/Pakistani PM.

Benjamin Disraeli was Jewish right?
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
MatataMingi
#27 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 10:50:19 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/17/2009
Posts: 357
Location: Where everyone knows you
Lolest! wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
So Britain is now run by a bunch of immigrant occupying the top 4 offices of government: Prime Minister Boris Johnson is the grandson of Osman Ali Kemal (Turkish); First Minister and Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab is the son of Peter Raab (Czech Jewish); Chancellor of the Exchequer Sajid Javid is the son of Abdul Ghani-Javid (Pakistani); and Home Secretary Priti Patel is the daughter of ushil Patel (Indian).


Won't take long before we see a Indian/Pakistani PM.

Benjamin Disraeli was Jewish right?


The Prime Minister of Ireland, Leo Varadkar, is the son of an Indian immigrant, Ashok Varadkar.

The US had their first black president in our own Barrack Obama.

It seems that these countries elect their leaders based on merit, rather than place of origin.

In the tribal based politics of Kenya, is it even remotely possible, that one day we may elect a European, Asian, or indeed a non Kenyan African?
hardwood
#28 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 11:07:33 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 9,555
Location: Rodi Kopany, Homa Bay
MatataMingi wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
So Britain is now run by a bunch of immigrant occupying the top 4 offices of government: Prime Minister Boris Johnson is the grandson of Osman Ali Kemal (Turkish); First Minister and Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab is the son of Peter Raab (Czech Jewish); Chancellor of the Exchequer Sajid Javid is the son of Abdul Ghani-Javid (Pakistani); and Home Secretary Priti Patel is the daughter of ushil Patel (Indian).


Won't take long before we see a Indian/Pakistani PM.

Benjamin Disraeli was Jewish right?


The Prime Minister of Ireland, Leo Varadkar, is the son of an Indian immigrant, Ashok Varadkar.

The US had their first black president in our own Barrack Obama.

It seems that these countries elect their leaders based on merit, rather than place of origin.

In the tribal based politics of Kenya, is it even remotely possible, that one day we may elect a European, Asian, or indeed a non Kenyan African?


It is wrong for "foreigners" to lord over locals. That is why we rejected colonialism. Let Indians rule in India, Europeans in Europe, Africans in Africa, Arabs in shithole Middle east. Sio kupeleka kiherehere to other peoples lands.
Lolest!
#29 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 11:15:16 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/18/2011
Posts: 12,064
Location: Kianjokoma
MatataMingi wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
So Britain is now run by a bunch of immigrant occupying the top 4 offices of government: Prime Minister Boris Johnson is the grandson of Osman Ali Kemal (Turkish); First Minister and Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab is the son of Peter Raab (Czech Jewish); Chancellor of the Exchequer Sajid Javid is the son of Abdul Ghani-Javid (Pakistani); and Home Secretary Priti Patel is the daughter of ushil Patel (Indian).


Won't take long before we see a Indian/Pakistani PM.

Benjamin Disraeli was Jewish right?


The Prime Minister of Ireland, Leo Varadkar, is the son of an Indian immigrant, Ashok Varadkar.

The US had their first black president in our own Barrack Obama.

It seems that these countries elect their leaders based on merit, rather than place of origin.

In the tribal based politics of Kenya, is it even remotely possible, that one day we may elect a European, Asian, or indeed a non Kenyan African?

I think it's possible for Asians & Europeans to get elected. They don't fall under our ethnic rivalries
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
gk
#30 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 11:39:53 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/17/2008
Posts: 485
Angelica _ann wrote:
So Britain is now run by a bunch of immigrant occupying the top 4 offices of government: Prime Minister Boris Johnson is the grandson of Osman Ali Kemal (Turkish); First Minister and Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab is the son of Peter Raab (Czech Jewish); Chancellor of the Exchequer Sajid Javid is the son of Abdul Ghani-Javid (Pakistani); and Home Secretary Priti Patel is the daughter of ushil Patel (Indian).


Add Sadiq Khan...the mayor of London born of British Pakistanis.
Angelica _ann
#31 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 11:43:22 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 11,795
gk wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
So Britain is now run by a bunch of immigrant occupying the top 4 offices of government: Prime Minister Boris Johnson is the grandson of Osman Ali Kemal (Turkish); First Minister and Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab is the son of Peter Raab (Czech Jewish); Chancellor of the Exchequer Sajid Javid is the son of Abdul Ghani-Javid (Pakistani); and Home Secretary Priti Patel is the daughter of ushil Patel (Indian).


Add Sadiq Khan...the mayor of London born of British Pakistanis.


Oohh no-wonder Trump hates him excess!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
sqft
#32 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2020 1:21:10 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/10/2015
Posts: 934
Location: Kenya
Boris Johnson's racist views about Africa. He recommends that Africa should be recolonized to get it out of the current mess.


https://blogs.spectator....cant-blame-colonialism/


https://www.independent....oris-johnson-on-uganda/


Quote:
The best fate for Africa would be if the old colonial powers, or their citizens, scrambled once again in her direction; on the understanding that this time they will not be asked to feel guilty.


-
Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
sparkly
#33 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2020 3:29:56 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,916
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
sqft wrote:
Boris Johnson's racist views about Africa. He recommends that Africa should be recolonized to get it out of the current mess.


https://blogs.spectator....cant-blame-colonialism/


https://www.independent....oris-johnson-on-uganda/


Quote:
The best fate for Africa would be if the old colonial powers, or their citizens, scrambled once again in her direction; on the understanding that this time they will not be asked to feel guilty.


-


There are more Africans moving to the West than Westerners to Africa. Who is colonizing who Eh? Eh? Eh? ?
Life is short. Live passionately.
radiomast
#34 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2020 5:50:13 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 2/15/2018
Posts: 425
Boris Johnson is not off target. Kenya was better off under colonial rule. Just go look at the "Old Nairobi" thread.

And I would say Mkoloni did not mistreat Africans as much as Mwafrika has done in Kenya.

When kina Jomo kenyatta were dissidents, in the 1950s, Muzungu tried them and sent them to prison. When Kenyatta took over, he had no time for such niceties. If you became a dissident, you were tossed in detention without trial or summarily executed. And this man had the audacity to tell us how bad things were under Mkoloni. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

And Mkoloni did not kill as many Kenyans as Mwafrika has done.


Mwafrika fought Muzungu for Independence and now he has readily given the country to the Chinese who now own us.

Its time for some true self reflection.
AlphDoti
#35 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2020 6:34:18 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/20/2008
Posts: 6,258
Location: Kenya
radiomast wrote:
Boris Johnson is not off target. Kenya was better off under colonial rule. Just go look at the "Old Nairobi" thread.

And I would say Mkoloni did not mistreat Africans as much as Mwafrika has done in Kenya.

When kina Jomo kenyatta were dissidents, in the 1950s, Muzungu tried them and sent them to prison. When Kenyatta took over, he had no time for such niceties. If you became a dissident, you were tossed in detention without trial or summarily executed. And this man had the audacity to tell us how bad things were under Mkoloni. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

And Mkoloni did not kill as many Kenyans as Mwafrika has done.

Mwafrika fought Muzungu for Independence and now he has readily given the country to the Chinese who now own us.

It is time for some true self reflection.

I tend to agree!
sparkly
#36 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2020 6:58:10 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,916
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
AlphDoti wrote:
radiomast wrote:
Boris Johnson is not off target. Kenya was better off under colonial rule. Just go look at the "Old Nairobi" thread.

And I would say Mkoloni did not mistreat Africans as much as Mwafrika has done in Kenya.

When kina Jomo kenyatta were dissidents, in the 1950s, Muzungu tried them and sent them to prison. When Kenyatta took over, he had no time for such niceties. If you became a dissident, you were tossed in detention without trial or summarily executed. And this man had the audacity to tell us how bad things were under Mkoloni. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

And Mkoloni did not kill as many Kenyans as Mwafrika has done.

Mwafrika fought Muzungu for Independence and now he has readily given the country to the Chinese who now own us.

It is time for some true self reflection.

I tend to agree!


Of course you do.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Lolest!
#37 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2020 8:49:17 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/18/2011
Posts: 12,064
Location: Kianjokoma
sparkly wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
radiomast wrote:
Boris Johnson is not off target. Kenya was better off under colonial rule. Just go look at the "Old Nairobi" thread.

And I would say Mkoloni did not mistreat Africans as much as Mwafrika has done in Kenya.

When kina Jomo kenyatta were dissidents, in the 1950s, Muzungu tried them and sent them to prison. When Kenyatta took over, he had no time for such niceties. If you became a dissident, you were tossed in detention without trial or summarily executed. And this man had the audacity to tell us how bad things were under Mkoloni. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

And Mkoloni did not kill as many Kenyans as Mwafrika has done.

Mwafrika fought Muzungu for Independence and now he has readily given the country to the Chinese who now own us.

It is time for some true self reflection.

I tend to agree!


Of course you do.

Laughing out loudly
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Lolest!
#38 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2020 9:00:31 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/18/2011
Posts: 12,064
Location: Kianjokoma
radiomast wrote:

When kina Jomo kenyatta were dissidents, in the 1950s, Muzungu tried them and sent them to prison. When Kenyatta took over, he had no time for such niceties. If you became a dissident, you were tossed in detention without trial or summarily executed. And this man had the audacity to tell us how bad things were under Mkoloni. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

And Mkoloni did not kill as many Kenyans as Mwafrika has done.


Mwafrika fought Muzungu for Independence and now he has readily given the country to the Chinese who now own us.

Its time for some true self reflection.

On detentions & killings, Britain's Gulag & Histories of the Hanged could be good reference reads

Kapenguria 6 and Kimathi et al were lucky to have been tried in a court.(for Kenyatta we know he was framed, the trial was not a trial but a sham). For thousands of others the trial was how suspicious you looked to the soldier. Summary executions were common. Detention camps held thousands who were not tried. These detainees were tortured & made to do heavy labour for years-they constructed Embakasi Airport, Mwea & Yatta schemes.

On top of this, those who remained in the villages were brutalised with beatings, rapes & even starvation!
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
madhaquer
#39 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2020 9:45:45 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/10/2010
Posts: 263
Location: Nairobi
radiomast wrote:
Boris Johnson is not off target. Kenya was better off under colonial rule. Just go look at the "Old Nairobi" thread.

And I would say Mkoloni did not mistreat Africans as much as Mwafrika has done in Kenya.

When kina Jomo kenyatta were dissidents, in the 1950s, Muzungu tried them and sent them to prison. When Kenyatta took over, he had no time for such niceties. If you became a dissident, you were tossed in detention without trial or summarily executed. And this man had the audacity to tell us how bad things were under Mkoloni. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

And Mkoloni did not kill as many Kenyans as Mwafrika has done.


Mwafrika fought Muzungu for Independence and now he has readily given the country to the Chinese who now own us.

Its time for some true self reflection.


I would rather the corruption and backwardness we have today than the racism, poverty, violence, forced labor and hut tax of colonialism.
Just go study the real history not the glamour perpetrated by the west.

To this day do we really know how many died in the hands of the colonialists and their loyalists ?
How can we compare who killed more...

Quote:
See an excerpt from Elkin's book.

I soon realized that the British did detain the women and children, though not in the official camps but rather in some eight hundred enclosed villages that were scattered throughout the Kikuyu countryside. These villages were surrounded by spiked trenches, barbed wire, and watchtowers, and were heavily patrolled by armed guards. They were detention camps in all but name. Once I added all of the Kikuyu detained in these villages to the adjusted camp population, I discovered that the British had actually detained some 1.5 million people, or nearly the entire Kikuyu population.


What happened under the guise of colonialism would today be rightfully classified as genocide. Let me live free with this corrupt loyalists than suffer the racism and wrath of colonialism. Never again!
radiomast
#40 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2020 10:04:08 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 2/15/2018
Posts: 425
madhaquer wrote:


See an excerpt from Elkin's book.

I soon realized that the British did detain the women and children, though not in the official camps but rather in some eight hundred enclosed villages that were scattered throughout the Kikuyu countryside. These villages were surrounded by spiked trenches, barbed wire, and watchtowers, and were heavily patrolled by armed guards. They were detention camps in all but name. Once I added all of the Kikuyu detained in these villages to the adjusted camp population, I discovered that the British had actually detained some 1.5 million people, or nearly the entire Kikuyu population.


That book sounds bogus. Colonialists can't have detained all Kikuyus. They simply didn't have the resources, the capacity and infrastructure to detain such a large population.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
4 Pages<1234>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2021 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.