Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Tuesday, Aug 20, 2019
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
FEATURE  

LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [13479]
Why dustbowl is the future [343]
Safaricom 2019/2020 [34]
KenyaRe FY19 - FY23 (Both Inclusive) [380]
Centum 2019/2020 [23]
DTB Group FY 2018 [13]
Housing Finance: HFCK a diamond in the rough [1915]
Kenya Economy Watch [2161]
M-Akiba treasury bonds via mobile [375]
Equity Bank FY 2018 net profit up 5% [61]
CIC Insurance 2019 [14]
Exchange Bar: Results forecast [2019]
Madness at the NSE [1774]
Banda Homes et al [87]
Potential merger NIC + CBA [146]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages<1234>»
ARM Cement HY18
Bishofu
#21 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2019 12:12:46 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 7/16/2018
Posts: 18
VituVingiSana wrote:
ARM Cement suitors have one month to submit bids
https://www.businessdail...7660-13owlxp/index.html
>>> Shareholders may not see anything after the creditors are paid off but it will be resolved one way or another.


There could be more bidders than we thought. The devil is in the details.
VituVingiSana
#22 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2019 2:07:35 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,151
Location: Nairobi
Bishofu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
ARM Cement suitors have one month to submit bids
https://www.businessdail...7660-13owlxp/index.html
>>> Shareholders may not see anything after the creditors are paid off but it will be resolved one way or another.


There could be more bidders than we thought. The devil is in the details.

A bidder may want to buy a "clean" ARM so the assets may be sold/transferred to the new buyer. The banks and creditors may be paid off in full BUT the administrators have no incentive to pay shareholders as long as they can bill and get paid a few millions/month.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Pesa Nane
#23 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2019 12:11:14 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 5/25/2012
Posts: 4,105
Location: 08c


Dalili ya mvua.... Sad Sad
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
VituVingiSana
#24 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2019 12:15:13 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,151
Location: Nairobi
Pesa Nane wrote:


Dalili ya mvua.... Sad Sad
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly I had even forgotten about ARM. What's the point? They should just tell the bondholders what they will get once the bids are sorted out.
As for the shareholders like me, don't bother waiting. Move on as I have done so.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#25 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2019 2:53:14 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 11,973
Location: nairobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:


Dalili ya mvua.... Sad Sad
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly I had even forgotten about ARM. What's the point? They should just tell the bondholders what they will get once the bids are sorted out.
As for the shareholders like me, don't bother waiting. Move on as I have done so.

Let this company keep quiet. Pole to the 'investors'
COOP 5,500; KCB 3,700; KNRE 100,000; KQ 221,100
Ebenyo
#26 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2019 8:58:09 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/4/2016
Posts: 1,695
Location: Kitale
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:


Dalili ya mvua.... Sad Sad
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly I had even forgotten about ARM. What's the point? They should just tell the bondholders what they will get once the bids are sorted out.
As for the shareholders like me, don't bother waiting. Move on as I have done so.

Let this company keep quiet. Pole to the 'investors'



One investment Lesson from ARM,Uchumi,KQ and Mumias is: Never invest in a company with a debt to equity ratio of 80% and above.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
xxxxx
#27 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2019 9:01:50 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/20/2008
Posts: 459
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:


Dalili ya mvua.... Sad Sad
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly I had even forgotten about ARM. What's the point? They should just tell the bondholders what they will get once the bids are sorted out.
As for the shareholders like me, don't bother waiting. Move on as I have done so.

Let this company keep quiet. Pole to the 'investors'



One investment Lesson from ARM,Uchumi,KQ and Mumias is: Never invest in a company with a debt to equity ratio of 80% and above.


80% is too high. Change that to 35%.....The way things are going, even Centum ain't safe
Ebenyo
#28 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2019 9:22:04 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/4/2016
Posts: 1,695
Location: Kitale
xxxxx wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:


Dalili ya mvua.... Sad Sad
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly I had even forgotten about ARM. What's the point? They should just tell the bondholders what they will get once the bids are sorted out.
As for the shareholders like me, don't bother waiting. Move on as I have done so.

Let this company keep quiet. Pole to the 'investors'



One investment Lesson from ARM,Uchumi,KQ and Mumias is: Never invest in a company with a debt to equity ratio of 80% and above.


80% is too high. Change that to 35%.....The way things are going, even Centum ain't safe




centum debt to equity ratio as per their latest results is 89%.This is not good.They need to scale it down.
It means they are almost falling into reliance on debts to finance their operations and growth.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
obiero
#29 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2019 9:49:39 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 11,973
Location: nairobi
Ebenyo wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:


Dalili ya mvua.... Sad Sad
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly I had even forgotten about ARM. What's the point? They should just tell the bondholders what they will get once the bids are sorted out.
As for the shareholders like me, don't bother waiting. Move on as I have done so.

Let this company keep quiet. Pole to the 'investors'



One investment Lesson from ARM,Uchumi,KQ and Mumias is: Never invest in a company with a debt to equity ratio of 80% and above.


80% is too high. Change that to 35%.....The way things are going, even Centum ain't safe




centum debt to equity ratio as per their latest results is 89%.This is not good.They need to scale it down.
It means they are almost falling into reliance on debts to finance their operations and growth.

Indeed. Centum is a poor investment choice :)
COOP 5,500; KCB 3,700; KNRE 100,000; KQ 221,100
maka
#30 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 9:44:46 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,093
Location: Nairobi
Devki Group subsidiary National Cement enters into an agreement to acquire all cement and non-cement assets and business of ARM Cement PLC for Sh 5.0 Billion.
possunt quia posse videntur
Ericsson
#31 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 9:56:47 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,025
Location: NAIROBI
maka wrote:
Devki Group subsidiary National Cement enters into an agreement to acquire all cement and non-cement assets and business of ARM Cement PLC for Sh 5.0 Billion.


The sale of the non-cement business collapsed.
This is a good sale since it will result into consolidation/reduction in the number of cement companies in the country.
FUNKY
#32 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:13:44 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/30/2010
Posts: 1,484
What will current shareholders get?
Angelica _ann
#33 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:24:11 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 10,690
FUNKY wrote:
What will current shareholders get?


Too early to say, ama?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
VituVingiSana
#34 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:25:07 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,151
Location: Nairobi
FUNKY wrote:
What will current shareholders get?

Nothing.
Banks like UBA will be first in line to get paid.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Fyatu
#35 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:39:17 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/20/2011
Posts: 1,490
Location: Nakuru
maka wrote:
Devki Group subsidiary National Cement enters into an agreement to acquire all cement and non-cement assets and business of ARM Cement PLC for Sh 5.0 Billion.


Wapi link ndungu @Maka ??

I had suspected Devki would buy all my assets but not for a measly 5 billions. It is a Gujarati thing.
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
littledove
#36 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:43:22 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 7/1/2014
Posts: 711
Location: sky
VituVingiSana wrote:
FUNKY wrote:
What will current shareholders get?

Nothing.
Banks like UBA will be first in line to get paid.

The 5 billion applies to assets only which means it is the amount to be paid to shareholders
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
VituVingiSana
#37 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 11:07:37 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,151
Location: Nairobi
littledove wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
FUNKY wrote:
What will current shareholders get?

Nothing.
Banks like UBA will be first in line to get paid.

The 5 billion applies to assets only which means it is the amount to be paid to shareholders
Do not hold your breath.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
maka
#38 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 11:18:35 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,093
Location: Nairobi
Fyatu wrote:
maka wrote:
Devki Group subsidiary National Cement enters into an agreement to acquire all cement and non-cement assets and business of ARM Cement PLC for Sh 5.0 Billion.


Wapi link ndungu @Maka ??

I had suspected Devki would buy all my assets but not for a measly 5 billions. It is a Gujarati thing.


Post 11,001... 😊

Hii hapa...

https://www.google.com/a...rm-cement-248610/%3famp
possunt quia posse videntur
littledove
#39 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 11:24:00 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 7/1/2014
Posts: 711
Location: sky
https://af.reuters.com/article/kenyaNews/idAFL5N22X16A
NAIROBI, May 21 (Reuters) - The assets of Kenya’s ARM Cement have been sold to the National Cement Company for $50 million, its administrator said on Tuesday.

ARM Cement was put under administration last August by some of its creditors over a $190 million debt and its shares were suspended from the Nairobi bourse. It has debts with a range of creditors, including local commercial banks.

The transaction, which applies to ARM Cement’s Kenyan assets only, is subject to regulatory approvals, the statement from the administrator said.
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
Bishofu
#40 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 11:30:03 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 7/16/2018
Posts: 18
maka wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
maka wrote:
Devki Group subsidiary National Cement enters into an agreement to acquire all cement and non-cement assets and business of ARM Cement PLC for Sh 5.0 Billion.


Wapi link ndungu @Maka ??

I had suspected Devki would buy all my assets but not for a measly 5 billions. It is a Gujarati thing.


Post 11,001... 😊

Hii hapa...

https://www.google.com/a...rm-cement-248610/%3famp

Kenyan assets only??? What of subsidiaries..
5 Bob a share??
Users browsing this topic
Guest
6 Pages<1234>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.