Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Friday, Dec 4, 2020
Club SK
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Mukhisa Kituyi - Salvation for Kenya? [20]
President Uhuru Kenyatta 2nd Term - 2017/2022 [578]
ICT Practitioner Bill...Again [7]
Reject This BBI Joke [100]
Kiosks, cars and goats SWEPT AWAY on Kirinyaga roa... [60]
Joseph Kushner [2]
POTUS TRUMP [1634]
Kysee [4]
Waiguru’s buys ball pens at Sh8,700 each!!!!!!!!!!... [331]
Coronavirus [2689]
Huduma Namba Je Una yako? [185]
Uganda is burning [3]
@KIASH [279]
Tanzania - What do you want from Kenya? [96]
What If Lamu [9]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

29 Pages«<272829
President Uhuru Kenyatta 2nd Term - 2017/2022
sqft
#561 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2020 1:15:19 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/10/2015
Posts: 771
Location: Kenya
tinker wrote:


Unfortunately,Wamashati is belatedly trying to appease his support base that he has ignored for the last 8 years.
He has already lost it and only a miracle would turn tables to his favour in the next 2 years if discussions in Radio shows, words kwa-ground and songs are anything thing to go by.

The 'problem' with his support base is that, most of them are independent minded when it comes to political discourse if their businesses or interests are under threat.


Go collect your wheel barrow huko sugoi. Sisi tunasonga mbele.


Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
sqft
#562 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2020 1:18:47 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/10/2015
Posts: 771
Location: Kenya
Hapa kazi tu. Big 4 manenos. Thiba dam nearing completion and will double rice production huko mwea.






Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
sqft
#563 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2020 1:30:36 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/10/2015
Posts: 771
Location: Kenya
Govt affordable houses ready for occupation huko ngara. Hapa kazi tu. Big 4 manenos.


Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
sqft
#564 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2020 1:34:10 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/10/2015
Posts: 771
Location: Kenya
The elevated mlolongo-JKIA-westlands highway coming up well. Hapa kazi tu. Big 4 manenos.







Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
wukan
#565 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 9:00:37 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/13/2015
Posts: 1,489
kaka2za wrote:
wukan wrote:
If this works, then this is best stuff from Uhuru's kitchenApplause Applause Applause

Quote:
President Uhuru Kenyatta has created the Nairobi Metropolitan Services (NMS) office headed by Major General Mohamed Badi (pictured) of the Kenya Air Force.
The new Director-General will be deputised by Enosh Momanyi, whose term begins today, March 18.
The NMS is now in charge of some functions of the Nairobi County which have been transferred to the National Government.

Uhuru asked the general to end the rampant corruption in the county and cartels who run important functions, rendering slow growth in the county.
“I have tasked the Nairobi Metropolitan Services to bring an end to the corruption and dismantle the cartels that have slowed growth in the county,” the president said.

He said that the biggest problem the county faced were corruption and cartels.
“In recent weeks, we have witnessed a lot of uncollected garbage in some streets in the CBD. These cartels either controlling water supply or issuance of permits have made service delivery almost impossible,” he said.
“Forty per cent of the country’s GDP is produced in Nairobi, hence for the county to continue as such, it is paramount that services are provided timely,” Uhuru added.
https://www.standardmedi...politan-services-office


Guarded optimism needed.
Jubilee has often flattered only to deceive


You said it boss, Jubilee delivers disappointment like a clockwork. The garbage heaps in downtown CBD, Eastleigh and other areas is nauseating. The comments on this tweet tell a lot



wukan
#566 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 3:57:52 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/13/2015
Posts: 1,489
Finally NMS gets serious on garbage dumping. Fine 200k

Queen
#567 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 4:31:03 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/21/2018
Posts: 427
Location: Britain
wukan wrote:
Finally NMS gets serious on garbage dumping. Fine 200k



Before they become serious on garbage dumping, let them get serious with garbage collection first.
Gathige
#568 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 5:53:12 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/29/2011
Posts: 2,216
Queen wrote:
wukan wrote:
Finally NMS gets serious on garbage dumping. Fine 200k



Before they become serious on garbage dumping, let them get serious with garbage collection first.


Its does not require much intelligence to figure our the easiest way to curb garbage menace is to provide collection/consolidation centers in every estate corner. Before you punish, you put in place the solution and then deter misuse. You cant stop people defecating in the open until you enforce/have pit for them to do their thing. Most dumping is done by the Garbage collectors who have nowhere to dump or the sites are too far so they end up doing the illegal dumping at night.

"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
murchr
#569 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 5:56:42 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 15,861
Huu ni upepo tu, utapita.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
wukan
#570 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 7:43:24 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/13/2015
Posts: 1,489
Gathige wrote:
Queen wrote:
wukan wrote:
Finally NMS gets serious on garbage dumping. Fine 200k



Before they become serious on garbage dumping, let them get serious with garbage collection first.


Its does not require much intelligence to figure our the easiest way to curb garbage menace is to provide collection/consolidation centers in every estate corner. Before you punish, you put in place the solution and then deter misuse. You cant stop people defecating in the open until you enforce/have pit for them to do their thing. Most dumping is done by the Garbage collectors who have nowhere to dump or the sites are too far so they end up doing the illegal dumping at night.



This used to happen under the City commission, the garbage would stay in the consolidation centers for a week. Whole estate would stink, chokoras would be all over. One day angry residents told the kanjo not to be coming and residents started paying private collectors to collect at 300 bob for each house. It's worked for 30 years. It's efficient, it's dependable. They are many estates in this city where you won't find garbage mounds.

You can't expect the govt to come and dig for you a pit latrine. It's either you take care of your own garbage or govt levies each house 300 bob for the usual shitty govt services they deliver plus corruption. Plus the funds collected will be diverted to pay for a bloated county workforce instead of efficient services.

Illustration 1-Dandora



Illustration 2-Pipeline Estate- a fine for the pipeline landlords will work wonders







wukan
#571 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 8:30:49 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/13/2015
Posts: 1,489
When we stop voting clowns into leadership we can have this system of garbage collection


Gathige
#572 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 8:55:28 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/29/2011
Posts: 2,216
wukan wrote:
When we stop voting clowns into leadership we can have this system of garbage collection






Kweli sisi iko third world. If only we had our priorities right. Under BBI Nbi County gets an additional 17 Mpigs and while Garbage mountains keep growing.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
alma1
#573 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 6:04:25 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/19/2015
Posts: 2,857
Location: hapo
sonko would have done a better job.

I have proof.

Listen to this song he has sponsored. When Badi was gallivanting around and doing nothing, sonko was doing great things.

Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

wukan
#574 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2020 8:15:37 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/13/2015
Posts: 1,489
Uhuru should have listened to the nerds from Risk department. We warned about the "Pharonic" projects and interest rate cap. Now the chicks are coming home to roost

Quote:
Low revenue collection, a ballooning debt and the economic challenges of Covid-19 have plunged Kenya into a cash crunch, with all indications clear that the government is struggling.

On Monday, Interior CS Fred Matiang'a hinted at a looming pay cut for civil servants in a desperate move to ease pressure on recurrent expenditure, weighed down by dwindling domestic revenue collections.

In an interview with a local TV station, Matiang'i admitted that although no one loves a pay cut, the government is facing a tough situation.

"All of us are going to be called upon to accept these extraordinary measures because we are dealing with extraordinary circumstances. If it comes to that (pay cut) so be it," Matiang'i said.

He added that some of the major development projects are going to be affected as the government cuts back on spending.

His sentiments were the closest admission by a senior state official of a cash crunch in the Jubilee administration that has turned to borrowing for survival amid low revenue collection.
https://www.the-star.co....ress-government-admits/



Afro cinema continues....smile

Quote:
Central Bank data show that public debt reached Sh7.12 trillion as of September – an increase of Sh1.2 trillion over the same period last year.

Of these, about Sh835 billion has been borrowed since the virus was first declared in March, going up to Sh909 billion, factoring in principal arrears and accrued interest.

Treasury is yet to release more than Sh300 billion to counties as a result of dwindling revenue from taxes.

Yatani sought to allay fears the state was doing badly in terms of cash-flow, dismissing those assertions as "speculation".

However, the CS conceded that revenue has fallen below target. “Of course, you understand we are in an abnormal situation.”

“There is low business performance and revenue is also falling below target [and] we have an option of reducing expenditure. That does not necessarily mean there is stress,” he told the Star.

“Our debt level is sustainable; we are meeting our obligations as required; we are running efficiently as a government,” he added.

The CS explained, "We may be slightly low on revenue performance but that does not mean the situation is bad.”
https://www.the-star.co....ail-out-state-agencies/
thuks
#575 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2020 9:24:02 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 10/8/2008
Posts: 1,567
wukan wrote:
Uhuru should have listened to the nerds from Risk department. We warned about the "Pharonic" projects and interest rate cap. Now the chicks are coming home to roost

Quote:
Low revenue collection, a ballooning debt and the economic challenges of Covid-19 have plunged Kenya into a cash crunch, with all indications clear that the government is struggling.

On Monday, Interior CS Fred Matiang'a hinted at a looming pay cut for civil servants in a desperate move to ease pressure on recurrent expenditure, weighed down by dwindling domestic revenue collections.

In an interview with a local TV station, Matiang'i admitted that although no one loves a pay cut, the government is facing a tough situation.

"All of us are going to be called upon to accept these extraordinary measures because we are dealing with extraordinary circumstances. If it comes to that (pay cut) so be it," Matiang'i said.

He added that some of the major development projects are going to be affected as the government cuts back on spending.

His sentiments were the closest admission by a senior state official of a cash crunch in the Jubilee administration that has turned to borrowing for survival amid low revenue collection.
https://www.the-star.co....ress-government-admits/



Afro cinema continues....smile

Quote:
Central Bank data show that public debt reached Sh7.12 trillion as of September – an increase of Sh1.2 trillion over the same period last year.

Of these, about Sh835 billion has been borrowed since the virus was first declared in March, going up to Sh909 billion, factoring in principal arrears and accrued interest.

Treasury is yet to release more than Sh300 billion to counties as a result of dwindling revenue from taxes.

Yatani sought to allay fears the state was doing badly in terms of cash-flow, dismissing those assertions as "speculation".

However, the CS conceded that revenue has fallen below target. “Of course, you understand we are in an abnormal situation.”

“There is low business performance and revenue is also falling below target [and] we have an option of reducing expenditure. That does not necessarily mean there is stress,” he told the Star.

“Our debt level is sustainable; we are meeting our obligations as required; we are running efficiently as a government,” he added.

The CS explained, "We may be slightly low on revenue performance but that does not mean the situation is bad.”
https://www.the-star.co....ail-out-state-agencies/

Nothing to fear. We are so bullish that we'll borrow to fund a referendum. Kwani iko nini?
I care!
wukan
#576 Posted : Thursday, December 03, 2020 2:28:10 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/13/2015
Posts: 1,489
Ukur Yatani decides to be honestSad If you think 2020 was bad 2021 will be....

Quote:
National Treasury Cabinet Secretary Ukur Yatani has warned of tough times ahead that could lead to delayed disbursement of money for State operations as Kenya’s debt level hits Sh7.1 trillion.

Appearing before the National Assembly Finance and Planning Committee, the minister said the Covid-19 pandemic wiped out sources of revenue, leaving the government with no option but to borrow more from local and external markets.

“Supporting the budget and preventing the economy from crashing is our main priority. We borrow to support the budget because revenue is either limited or not there,” Mr Yatani said on Wednesday, despite protests from lawmakers that Kenya has neglected small and medium enterprises “and is on a pathetic borrowing spree”.

“I will be dishonest if I say everything is okay. We are in a state never witnessed before. The drastic reduction in revenue and underperformance of the economy is a concern.”
https://nation.africa/ke...es-tough-times--3217084
murchr
#577 Posted : Thursday, December 03, 2020 5:06:52 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 15,861
wukan wrote:
Ukur Yatani decides to be honestSad If you think 2020 was bad 2021 will be....

Quote:
National Treasury Cabinet Secretary Ukur Yatani has warned of tough times ahead that could lead to delayed disbursement of money for State operations as Kenya’s debt level hits Sh7.1 trillion.

Appearing before the National Assembly Finance and Planning Committee, the minister said the Covid-19 pandemic wiped out sources of revenue, leaving the government with no option but to borrow more from local and external markets.

“Supporting the budget and preventing the economy from crashing is our main priority. We borrow to support the budget because revenue is either limited or not there,” Mr Yatani said on Wednesday, despite protests from lawmakers that Kenya has neglected small and medium enterprises “and is on a pathetic borrowing spree”.

“I will be dishonest if I say everything is okay. We are in a state never witnessed before. The drastic reduction in revenue and underperformance of the economy is a concern.”
https://nation.africa/ke...es-tough-times--3217084



But the president is pushing for a referendum.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
Gathige
#578 Posted : Friday, December 04, 2020 2:12:41 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/29/2011
Posts: 2,216
wukan wrote:
Ukur Yatani decides to be honestSad If you think 2020 was bad 2021 will be....

Quote:
National Treasury Cabinet Secretary Ukur Yatani has warned of tough times ahead that could lead to delayed disbursement of money for State operations as Kenya’s debt level hits Sh7.1 trillion.

Appearing before the National Assembly Finance and Planning Committee, the minister said the Covid-19 pandemic wiped out sources of revenue, leaving the government with no option but to borrow more from local and external markets.

“Supporting the budget and preventing the economy from crashing is our main priority. We borrow to support the budget because revenue is either limited or not there,” Mr Yatani said on Wednesday, despite protests from lawmakers that Kenya has neglected small and medium enterprises “and is on a pathetic borrowing spree”.

“I will be dishonest if I say everything is okay. We are in a state never witnessed before. The drastic reduction in revenue and underperformance of the economy is a concern.”
https://nation.africa/ke...es-tough-times--3217084



Very soon the economy will grind to a halt. The good side is come 2022 the politicians will be too broke and people may vote wisely.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
Users browsing this topic
Guest (3)
29 Pages«<272829
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2020 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.