Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Tuesday, Oct 20, 2020
Club SK
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
POTUS TRUMP [1468]
William Ruto is NOT going to be President in 2022 [1701]
CS Matiang'i...Kenya's Magufului? [162]
UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson [72]
Rigathi Gachagua [5]
Coronavirus [2644]
unaitas sharess [2]
Where is Guks [6]
Merry Christmas 2019! [94]
Where is @Alma? [48]
Why I will vote for baba in 2022 [64]
Affordable Housing by Government of Kenya [159]
90's music [47]
Ngunjiri Wambugu [29]
BEST 2022 Hustler Woman Deputy President [4]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
wazua..it's Sunday...siku ya sermons
Boris Boyka
#21 Posted : Sunday, July 06, 2014 10:38:20 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/15/2013
Posts: 1,976
Location: Here
Sober wrote:
Jesus wept (I don't know which part of the Bible this is)

john 11:35
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
Mukiri
#22 Posted : Sunday, July 06, 2014 10:39:47 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/11/2012
Posts: 5,222
muganda wrote:
In the 1870s, Horatio Spafford was a successful Chicago lawyer. He had a wife named Anna and four children. Early in 1871, lost most of his properties as well as his life savings during the Great Chicago Fire of 1871. Spafford desperately needed a rest, so in 1873 he planned a trip to Europe with his wife and four daughters. Last minute business caused Spafford to delay his departure, but he sent his wife and daughters on the S.S. Ville Du Havre as scheduled, promising to follow in a few days.

On November 22, the ship was struck by the English ship Lochearn, and it sank in twelve minutes. 244 souls perished that day, including all four of Spafford's daughters. Several days later, what little survivors there were, landed at Cardiff, Wales. Spafford's wife Anna was among them. In Chicago, Horatio received a tragic telegram from his wife: "Saved alone..."


When Horatio Spafford made the trip to meet his grieving wife, he sailed near the place where his four daughters had sunk to the ocean depths. There, in the midst of his sorrow, he wrote the unforgettable words to a song that has brought healing and hope to countless people:
“When peace like a river attendeth my way
When sorrows like sea billows roll,
Whatever my lot,
thou hast taught me to say:
It is well, it is well, with my soul”


Having returned to Chicago, the Spaffords were blessed with further children, a son Horatio, and a daughter, Bertha. However, another crushing blow was dealt when little Horatio died of scarlet fever at the age of three.



My dear friend, a good attitude will determine your altitude. When you look at your life, career, job or family life, what do you say? Do you praise God? Do you blame the devil? A good attitude towards God makes Him move on your behalf. Just sit down and say, Today God, it is well with my soul, I am thankful I had a peaceful sleep, I am thankful I am alive with possibilities, I am thankful I have a roof over me, I am thankful I have a job, I am thankful that I have Family and Friends. Above all, I am thankful that I have the Lord Jesus Christ on my side. Be blessed and don't be envious or shocked when others are prospering because you don't know what they have been through to get there (test, trials and tribulation) so thank God for what you have. Little is much when God is in it. It Is Well With My Soul!


Very deep and touching. You have spoken to my soul.

Proverbs 19:21
Mukiri
#23 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 9:46:18 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/11/2012
Posts: 5,222
Two things I request of You
(Deprive me not before I die):
Remove falsehood and lies far from me;
Give me neither poverty nor riches--
Feed me with the food allotted to me;
Lest I be full and deny You,
And say, "Who is the LORD?"
Or lest I be poor and steal,
And profane the name of my God.

Proverbs 19:21
Magigi
#24 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 6:21:25 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/31/2008
Posts: 7,076
Location: Kenya
Mukiri wrote:
Two things I request of You
(Deprive me not before I die):
Remove falsehood and lies far from me;
Give me neither poverty nor riches--
Feed me with the food allotted to me;
Lest I be full and deny You,
And say, "Who is the LORD?"
Or lest I be poor and steal,
And profane the name of my God.

@mukiri...today I attended a church service where the preacher read the whole sermon...I didnt know what to make of that!
Mukiri
#25 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 8:48:23 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/11/2012
Posts: 5,222
Magigi wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
Two things I request of You
(Deprive me not before I die):
Remove falsehood and lies far from me;
Give me neither poverty nor riches--
Feed me with the food allotted to me;
Lest I be full and deny You,
And say, "Who is the LORD?"
Or lest I be poor and steal,
And profane the name of my God.

@mukiri...today I attended a church service where the preacher read the whole sermon...I didnt know what to make of that!

Judge not, lest you be judged. If I was there, I'd have closed my eyes and listened with my heart.

Proverbs 19:21
Mukiri
#26 Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2014 8:09:32 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/11/2012
Posts: 5,222
Sugar Coated Sin!

How the Eskimos kill wolves........First the Eskimo coats the blade of his knife with animal blood and allows it to freeze. He then adds and freezes more layers of blood, several coats, in fact, until the blade is completely covered with frozen blood. Next, he plants his knife in the snow, the blade facing up and goes about his business.

When a wolf finds his way to the luring aroma of fresh blood, he starts licking. Then more and more vigorously, lapping it until the sharp blade of the knife is exposed. However, by this point, so intense is his craving for the scrumptious blood, that the wolf does not notice the sharp sting of the blade on his own tongue, nor does he even realize that his ravenous craving is now being satisfied by his very own blood! By light of dawn, the Eskimo will find him laying dead in the snow.

Just like the wolf, the devil has sugar coated death with that very thing that you desire. It begins with some craving for that very thing that is forbidden, gossip, anger, pride, adultery, wrong music, coveting,stealing, fornication….. and the more we indulge in it, the more the craving increases and before we know it, we are completely consumed.

It never ceases to amaze me how we are always able to justify ourselves and how we always think that our circumstances are different from others. personally I have done that many times and I still find myself excusing myself in some circumstances!
Soon we get to the point of no return where we become careless and we no longer care who knows as long as our cravings are satisfied. Like the wolf we do not even realize that our ravenous cravings are being satisfied at the expense of our very lives, and that’s when the devil comes in with the kill.

Whatever the enemy has you licking today, recognize that it is designed to kill you and you will not even realize when that actually takes place. It is all part of the plan.

Nothing good can come from the devil.

Proverbs 19:21
Boris Boyka
#27 Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2014 8:14:19 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/15/2013
Posts: 1,976
Location: Here
Mukiri wrote:
Sugar Coated Sin!

How the Eskimos kill wolves........First the Eskimo coats the blade of his knife with animal blood and allows it to freeze. He then adds and freezes more layers of blood, several coats, in fact, until the blade is completely covered with frozen blood. Next, he plants his knife in the snow, the blade facing up and goes about his business.

When a wolf finds his way to the luring aroma of fresh blood, he starts licking. Then more and more vigorously, lapping it until the sharp blade of the knife is exposed. However, by this point, so intense is his craving for the scrumptious blood, that the wolf does not notice the sharp sting of the blade on his own tongue, nor does he even realize that his ravenous craving is now being satisfied by his very own blood! By light of dawn, the Eskimo will find him laying dead in the snow.

Just like the wolf, the devil has sugar coated death with that very thing that you desire. It begins with some craving for that very thing that is forbidden, gossip, anger, pride, adultery, wrong music, coveting,stealing, fornication….. and the more we indulge in it, the more the craving increases and before we know it, we are completely consumed.

It never ceases to amaze me how we are always able to justify ourselves and how we always think that our circumstances are different from others. personally I have done that many times and I still find myself excusing myself in some circumstances!
Soon we get to the point of no return where we become careless and we no longer care who knows as long as our cravings are satisfied. Like the wolf we do not even realize that our ravenous cravings are being satisfied at the expense of our very lives, and that’s when the devil comes in with the kill.

Whatever the enemy has you licking today, recognize that it is designed to kill you and you will not even realize when that actually takes place. It is all part of the plan.

Nothing good can come from the devil.

Amen
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
Wakanyugi
#28 Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2014 11:26:29 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 7/3/2007
Posts: 1,629
Luke 19: 1-10

'Luka Kumi na tisa, moja hadi ashuu.'

Then Jesus entered and passed through Jericho.
--Basi Yesu akapenya Jeri na alikuwa akipitia tuu.

Now behold, there was a man called Zaccheus who was the Chief Tax collector and was rich.
--Basi kulikuwa na msee mmoja anaitwa Zak. Huyu Zak alikuwa dongra wa kukwachu munde, na alikuwa sonko mbaya!

And he sought to see who Jesus was, but he couldn't because of the crowd, for he was a short man.
--Zak alijisikia kusorora huyu Yesu, lakini wapi ju ya ile kerende:alikuwa ka-pienga!

So he ran ahead and climbed up into a sycamore tree to see Him for he was going that direction.
--Zak akajishanora akadandia miti ndio asorore vipoa juu alikuwa akikam hiyo side.

And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up and saw him, and said to him
--Basi Yesu aligalivant akafika hiyo side, akacheki mabatini akamyebi na kumshow niaje?[/i]

"Zacchaeus, make haste and come down, for today I must stay at your house"
[i]-- Zak dondoka faster faster juu leo lazima ni maintain kwa keja yako".

"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." (Niels Bohr)
Rankaz13
#29 Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2014 3:02:37 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 5/21/2013
Posts: 2,840
Location: Here
Boris Boyka wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
Sugar Coated Sin!

How the Eskimos kill wolves........First the Eskimo coats the blade of his knife with animal blood and allows it to freeze. He then adds and freezes more layers of blood, several coats, in fact, until the blade is completely covered with frozen blood. Next, he plants his knife in the snow, the blade facing up and goes about his business.

When a wolf finds his way to the luring aroma of fresh blood, he starts licking. Then more and more vigorously, lapping it until the sharp blade of the knife is exposed. However, by this point, so intense is his craving for the scrumptious blood, that the wolf does not notice the sharp sting of the blade on his own tongue, nor does he even realize that his ravenous craving is now being satisfied by his very own blood! By light of dawn, the Eskimo will find him laying dead in the snow.

Just like the wolf, the devil has sugar coated death with that very thing that you desire. It begins with some craving for that very thing that is forbidden, gossip, anger, pride, adultery, wrong music, coveting,stealing, fornication….. and the more we indulge in it, the more the craving increases and before we know it, we are completely consumed.

It never ceases to amaze me how we are always able to justify ourselves and how we always think that our circumstances are different from others. personally I have done that many times and I still find myself excusing myself in some circumstances!

Soon we get to the point of no return where we become careless and we no longer care who knows as long as our cravings are satisfied. Like the wolf we do not even realize that our ravenous cravings are being satisfied at the expense of our very lives, and that’s when the devil comes in with the kill.

Whatever the enemy has you licking today, recognize that it is designed to kill you and you will not even realize when that actually takes place. It is all part of the plan.

Nothing good can come from the devil.


Amen


Applause Applause Good one! Applause Applause
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
muganda
#30 Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2014 3:08:33 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/15/2006
Posts: 3,871
Good stuff, good sermons all round smile


A King had a male servant who, in all circumstances always said to him; My king, do not be discouraged because everything God does is perfect, no mistakes.

One day, they went hunting and a wild animal attacked the king, the servant managed to kill the animal but couldn't prevent his majesty from losing a finger.

Furious and without showing gratitude, the King said; if God was good, I would not have been attacked and lost one finger. The servant replied, 'despite all these things, I can only tell you that God is good and everything He does is perfect, He is never wrong'.

Outraged by the response, the king ordered the arrest of his servant. While being taken to prison, he told the king again, God is Good & Perfect. Another day, the king left alone for another hunt and was captured by savages who use human beings for sacrifice. On the altar, the savages found out that the king didn't have one finger in place, he was released because he was considered not "complete" to be offered to the gods.

On his return to the palace, he ordered the release of his servant and said; My friend, God was really good to me. I was almost killed but for lack of a single finger, I was let go. But I have a question; If God is so good, why did He allow me to put you in prison? His servant replied; My king, if I had not been put in prison, I would have gone with you, and would have been sacrificed, because I have no missing finger.

Everything God does is perfect, He is never wrong. Often we complain about life, and the negative things that happen to us, forgetting that everything happens for a purpose. God knows why you are reading this message today, please bless someone with it by sharing it. God is good and perfect!!
Boris Boyka
#31 Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2014 3:15:58 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/15/2013
Posts: 1,976
Location: Here
muganda wrote:
Good stuff, good sermons all round smile


A King had a male servant who, in all circumstances always said to him; My king, do not be discouraged because everything God does is perfect, no mistakes.

One day, they went hunting and a wild animal attacked the king, the servant managed to kill the animal but couldn't prevent his majesty from losing a finger.

Furious and without showing gratitude, the King said; if God was good, I would not have been attacked and lost one finger. The servant replied, 'despite all these things, I can only tell you that God is good and everything He does is perfect, He is never wrong'.

Outraged by the response, the king ordered the arrest of his servant. While being taken to prison, he told the king again, God is Good & Perfect. Another day, the king left alone for another hunt and was captured by savages who use human beings for sacrifice. On the altar, the savages found out that the king didn't have one finger in place, he was released because he was considered not "complete" to be offered to the gods.

On his return to the palace, he ordered the release of his servant and said; My friend, God was really good to me. I was almost killed but for lack of a single finger, I was let go. But I have a question; If God is so good, why did He allow me to put you in prison? His servant replied; My king, if I had not been put in prison, I would have gone with you, and would have been sacrificed, because I have no missing finger.

Everything God does is perfect, He is never wrong. Often we complain about life, and the negative things that happen to us, forgetting that everything happens for a purpose. God knows why you are reading this message today, please bless someone with it by sharing it. God is good and perfect!!

@Muganda reminds me Game of thrones! Indeed God permits everything to happen for a reason.
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
Mukiri
#32 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2014 4:01:03 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/11/2012
Posts: 5,222


An amazing session. Wazuans with religious questions would benefit greatly from this forum. I particularly enjoyed the questions asked by the president of atheists, Harrison and Ssemakula and well articulated answers by John.

I'll share some of the exerts that touched me.

Proverbs 19:21
Mukiri
#33 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2014 7:59:50 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/11/2012
Posts: 5,222

Proverbs 19:21
muganda
#34 Posted : Sunday, August 10, 2014 10:41:48 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/15/2006
Posts: 3,871
Mukiri
#35 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2014 1:23:28 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/11/2012
Posts: 5,222
Kyande elucidated Genesis 1:26, in an eye-opening way, today.

Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

What you feel when people do, whatever they do... is the same way that God feels, when you do, what you do.

Proverbs 19:21
Mukiri
#36 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 12:10:22 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/11/2012
Posts: 5,222
Matthew 6:9-13

In this manner, therefore, pray:

Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever.

AMEN

Proverbs 19:21
Muheani
#37 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 12:21:49 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/20/2009
Posts: 1,401
2nd chronicles 7:14

If my people who are called by my name, will humble themselves and seek my face and turn away from their wicked ways, then will I here from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
AlphDoti
#38 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 2:29:23 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/20/2008
Posts: 6,247
Location: Kenya
Mukiri wrote:
Matthew 6:9-13

In this manner, therefore, pray:

Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever.

AMEN

Mashallah! Applause Applause

This was taught by one of the greatest messenger of Almighty God!
guru267
#39 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 5:15:30 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 1/21/2010
Posts: 6,675
Location: Nairobi
Mukiri wrote:
Matthew 6:9-13

In this manner, therefore, pray:

Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever.

AMEN


Applause
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
Muheani
#40 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2014 12:39:41 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/20/2009
Posts: 1,401
Song.

What a friend we have in Jesus
All our sins and griefs to bear.
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
4 Pages<1234>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2020 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.