Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Tuesday, Aug 20, 2019
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
FEATURE  

LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Centum 2019/2020 [22]
DTB Group FY 2018 [13]
Housing Finance: HFCK a diamond in the rough [1915]
Kenya Economy Watch [2161]
M-Akiba treasury bonds via mobile [375]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [13477]
Why dustbowl is the future [340]
Equity Bank FY 2018 net profit up 5% [61]
CIC Insurance 2019 [14]
Safaricom 2019/2020 [31]
Exchange Bar: Results forecast [2019]
Madness at the NSE [1774]
Banda Homes et al [87]
Potential merger NIC + CBA [146]
KCB 2018 and Beyond [345]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

101 Pages«<9495969798>»
Exchange Bar: Results forecast
obiero
#1901 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2019 2:54:47 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 11,970
Location: nairobi
mlennyma wrote:
cnn wrote:
obiero wrote:
Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for Q1 2019, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 9.2
EQTY 7.9
COOP 5.3
SCBK 3.1
I&M 3.1
DTB 2.9
BBK 2.8
STANB 2.7 Actual 3.1
NIC 1.6
NBK 0.12
HFCK -0.098



Equity bank Q1 ...PBT @ 8.84b

their Q1 is always better than Kcb let me see whether it's true

That's a huge Q1 result by EQTY
COOP 5,500; KCB 3,700; KQ 221,100
Fyatu
#1902 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 8:13:10 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/20/2011
Posts: 1,490
Location: Nakuru
Who is JM kidding...eti makao makuu ya serikali yamehama kutoka Dar mpaka Dodoma leo? Does he take shareholders for fools?Granted, the results for Q1 2019 were impressive, however,it is this kinds of hekaya za abunwasi and longo longo mingi that shows that even the so called bluechips lie to shareholders to hide their misdeeds or lack thereof.
These are the lies that are used to justify measly dividends despite the company raking in billions in profit...

LINK
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Ericsson
#1903 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 8:25:06 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,024
Location: NAIROBI
Fyatu wrote:
Who is JM kidding...eti makao makuu ya serikali yamehama kutoka Dar mpaka Dodoma leo? Does he take shareholders for fools?Granted, the results for Q1 2019 were impressive, however,it is this kinds of hekaya za abunwasi and longo longo mingi that shows that even the so called bluechips lie to shareholders to hide their misdeeds or lack thereof.
These are the lies that are used to justify measly dividends despite the company raking in billions in profit...

LINK


Wait for Q2 and Q3,it will be dismissal performance.
He has just looked for a reason to cushion when that time comes
lochaz-index
#1904 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 2:59:42 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 9/18/2014
Posts: 958
obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
cnn wrote:
obiero wrote:
Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for Q1 2019, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 9.2
EQTY 7.9
COOP 5.3
SCBK 3.1
I&M 3.1
DTB 2.9
BBK 2.8
STANB 2.7 Actual 3.1
NIC 1.6
NBK 0.12
HFCK -0.098



Equity bank Q1 ...PBT @ 8.84b

their Q1 is always better than Kcb let me see whether it's true

That's a huge Q1 result by EQTY

Terrible loan book from their Tz subsidiary.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
cnn
#1905 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 4:47:24 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 6/17/2009
Posts: 1,555
obiero wrote:
[quote=obiero]Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for Q1 2019, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 9.2
EQTY 7.9
COOP 5.3
SCBK 3.1
I&M 3.1
DTB 2.9
BBK 2.8
STANB 2.7
NIC 1.6
NBK 0.12
HFCK -0.098



NIC PBT @1.34B
obiero
#1906 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 5:26:52 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 11,970
Location: nairobi
Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for Q1 2019, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 9.2
EQTY 7.9 Actual 8.8
COOP 5.3
SCBK 3.1
I&M 3.1
DTB 2.9
BBK 2.8
STANB 2.7
NIC 1.6 Actual 1.3
NBK 0.12
HFCK -0.098
COOP 5,500; KCB 3,700; KQ 221,100
xxxxx
#1907 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 7:37:51 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/20/2008
Posts: 459
obiero wrote:
Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for Q1 2019, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 9.2
EQTY 7.9 Actual 8.8
COOP 5.3
SCBK 3.1
I&M 3.1
DTB 2.9
BBK 2.8
STANB 2.7
NIC 1.6 Actual 1.3
NBK 0.12
HFCK -0.098


@Obiero, add Stanbic https://www.stanbicbank....BK2019Quater1Results.pdf
obiero
#1908 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 7:41:31 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 11,970
Location: nairobi
Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for Q1 2019, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 9.2
EQTY 7.9 Actual 8.8
COOP 5.3
SCBK 3.1
I&M 3.1
DTB 2.9
BBK 2.8
STANB 2.7 Actual 3.1
NIC 1.6 Actual 1.3
NBK 0.12
HFCK -0.098
COOP 5,500; KCB 3,700; KQ 221,100
VituVingiSana
#1909 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2019 11:18:38 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,150
Location: Nairobi
Who is releasing results this week?
I am surprised that BBK and SCBK have not done so given they do not have regional subsidiaries to consolidate.

KCB has subsidiaries + the NBK takeover.
Coop has SS but that's a small portion of the business.
DTB and I&M have substantial interests outside of Kenya so consolidation may take some time.
NBK is irrelevant but a full-blown audit is required so KCB can properly assess what it s buying. I expect a loss for 1Q.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#1910 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2019 11:42:25 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,150
Location: Nairobi
Queries as firms pay bosses huge salaries while junior staff struggle
https://www.businessdail...1796-5br59tz/index.html

Does anyone have the remuneration of the top dogs of the banks vs the rank and file?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Pesa Nane
#1911 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2019 10:51:25 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 5/25/2012
Posts: 4,105
Location: 08c
VituVingiSana wrote:
Queries as firms pay bosses huge salaries while junior staff struggle
https://www.businessdail...1796-5br59tz/index.html

Does anyone have the remuneration of the top dogs of the banks vs the rank and file?

I know a certain one whose compensation was equivalent to a whoooopinggg 51% of the net FY earnings of whole company
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
VituVingiSana
#1912 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2019 11:16:41 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,150
Location: Nairobi
Pesa Nane wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Queries as firms pay bosses huge salaries while junior staff struggle
https://www.businessdail...1796-5br59tz/index.html

Does anyone have the remuneration of the top dogs of the banks vs the rank and file?

I know a certain one whose compensation was equivalent to a whoooopinggg 51% of the net FY earnings of whole company
Nani?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
shocks
#1913 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2019 9:09:15 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/15/2009
Posts: 334
VituVingiSana wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Queries as firms pay bosses huge salaries while junior staff struggle
https://www.businessdail...1796-5br59tz/index.html

Does anyone have the remuneration of the top dogs of the banks vs the rank and file?

I know a certain one whose compensation was equivalent to a whoooopinggg 51% of the net FY earnings of whole company
Nani?

Bwana Frank
Angelica _ann
#1914 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2019 10:12:49 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 10,688
shocks wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Queries as firms pay bosses huge salaries while junior staff struggle
https://www.businessdail...1796-5br59tz/index.html

Does anyone have the remuneration of the top dogs of the banks vs the rank and file?

I know a certain one whose compensation was equivalent to a whoooopinggg 51% of the net FY earnings of whole company
Nani?

Bwana Frank


Bwana Marangu (he hates that namesmile )
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
VituVingiSana
#1915 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:04:54 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,150
Location: Nairobi
obiero wrote:
Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for Q1 2019, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 9.2
EQTY 7.9 Actual 8.8
COOP 5.3
SCBK 3.1
I&M 3.1
DTB 2.9
BBK 2.8
STANB 2.7 Actual 3.1
NIC 1.6 Actual 1.3
NBK 0.12
HFCK -0.098

StanChart’s first quarter profit up 31pc to Sh2.4bn (PAT not PBT) https://www.businessdail...25790-myn4ny/index.html
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
lochaz-index
#1916 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 8:57:21 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 9/18/2014
Posts: 958
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for Q1 2019, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 9.2
EQTY 7.9 Actual 8.8
COOP 5.3
SCBK 3.1
I&M 3.1
DTB 2.9
BBK 2.8
STANB 2.7 Actual 3.1
NIC 1.6 Actual 1.3
NBK 0.12
HFCK -0.098

StanChart’s first quarter profit up 31pc to Sh2.4bn (PAT not PBT) https://www.businessdail...25790-myn4ny/index.html

More cost management than roaring business. Financial statements? Slow trickle in of results...bound to be some shockers for the remaining ones.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
VituVingiSana
#1917 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 9:37:34 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,150
Location: Nairobi
lochaz-index wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for Q1 2019, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 9.2
EQTY 7.9 Actual 8.8
COOP 5.3
SCBK 3.1
I&M 3.1
DTB 2.9
BBK 2.8
STANB 2.7 Actual 3.1
NIC 1.6 Actual 1.3
NBK 0.12
HFCK -0.098

StanChart’s first quarter profit up 31pc to Sh2.4bn (PAT not PBT) https://www.businessdail...25790-myn4ny/index.html

More cost management than roaring business. Financial statements? Slow trickle in of results...bound to be some shockers for the remaining ones.
When times are tough, manage your costs. When things improve, the gains will explode.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#1918 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 9:51:26 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,150
Location: Nairobi
Coop and SCBK results out.
SCBK Group 3.54bn
Coop Group 5.11bn
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
lochaz-index
#1919 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 9:54:35 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 9/18/2014
Posts: 958
VituVingiSana wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for Q1 2019, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 9.2
EQTY 7.9 Actual 8.8
COOP 5.3
SCBK 3.1
I&M 3.1
DTB 2.9
BBK 2.8
STANB 2.7 Actual 3.1
NIC 1.6 Actual 1.3
NBK 0.12
HFCK -0.098

StanChart’s first quarter profit up 31pc to Sh2.4bn (PAT not PBT) https://www.businessdail...25790-myn4ny/index.html

More cost management than roaring business. Financial statements? Slow trickle in of results...bound to be some shockers for the remaining ones.
When times are tough, manage your costs. When things improve, the gains will explode.

How compliant are they with regards to LLPs vis a vis IFRS9?
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
VituVingiSana
#1920 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 9:58:13 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,150
Location: Nairobi
lochaz-index wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for Q1 2019, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 9.2
EQTY 7.9 Actual 8.8
COOP 5.3
SCBK 3.1
I&M 3.1
DTB 2.9
BBK 2.8
STANB 2.7 Actual 3.1
NIC 1.6 Actual 1.3
NBK 0.12
HFCK -0.098

StanChart’s first quarter profit up 31pc to Sh2.4bn (PAT not PBT) https://www.businessdail...25790-myn4ny/index.html

More cost management than roaring business. Financial statements? Slow trickle in of results...bound to be some shockers for the remaining ones.
When times are tough, manage your costs. When things improve, the gains will explode.

How compliant are they with regards to LLPs vis a vis IFRS9?

Well, unless one audits their books, how does one know?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Users browsing this topic
Guest
101 Pages«<9495969798>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.