Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Thursday, Aug 21, 2014
Club SK
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
That MasVegas deputy gov [85]
Questions that no one knows answers to [48]
13 Israeli IDF slaughtered in Gaza in one night!!!... [311]
Gichangi Resigns [67]
Ms Rehema Kanini and the ultimate price!!!!!!!!! [28]
Know your Jubilee leaders [48]
African Proverbs... and their meanings [139]
First Lady's Half Marathon [219]
ODM 2014 Election [504]
Ababu rubbishes Raila's referendum call [59]
Transfers... [484]
Ice Bucket Challenge [11]
A source of trustworthy/okay house girls nannies a... [12]
Sisi watu wa Nyeri tumekataa mwizi wa Gatundu [75]
Some Wazuans and over use of exclamation mark ( !!... [18]

Forum Jump

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

23 Pages«<7891011>»
Gladys Shollei...
Bigchick
#161 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 8:48:47 AM

theman192000 wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Museveni wrote:
faa wrote:
True it wasnt wise for shollei to spills the beans that way..Even if she is reinstated do you think it's now possible for her to well well with the rest of the team?

She even tried to bring it the CJ ..trying to play victim.

Either way, you can't expect much from a woman more so when she is in power.

This saga just like many others doesnt add any value to me ....whether she goes or not salo ya 1.2m per month itakuwa yake... na yangu bado ni XXXXX

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

Ok that statement in bold not very kind.However to a some extent I agree with you.We women have a way of bringing the worst in us when in power.We also allow emotions to override our reasoning.

You saw how she was trembling quoting what Warsame said.How do you bring informal chit chats into such a serious forum.I have always admired her but jana I feel she lost some marks.

Kama makosa iko, hatua ichukuliwe.Kama she is clean arudi kazi.

@Bigchick just for my own understanding, what is the rationale of bringing her children before the parliamentary committee?

My thinking.......When a mama is with her children, one may feel constrained to ask embarrasing questions.For example:-War Same alikuomba??

I also know that when all else fails your fall back is your family.The men may fear to appear but the mum, sisters, daughters etc will walk wiyh her side by side.

Havent you noticed the way men run for their wives even enstranged ones when there is a crisis.

Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
tassia
#162 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 9:20:45 AM

MKWASI wrote:
tassia wrote:
Ahmednassir is no longer useful to anything in the Public Service. The many times he has been mentioned in questionable deals should be enough for people to realize that the guy is a liability to the nation.

The case of Erad and is his involvement is one sad affair not forgetting that he has been mentioned in other cases. When Kibaki Came to power, he first appeared to be close to government but I guess when he found out he was not benefiting from the government, he pulled away. I do not like the way he is connected to Uhuru's government and especially through Abdulkhadir. I was not surprised when I saw him representing KAA...I am fearful, the public interest is not well represented here. I fear we will see more and more state corporations and Agencies represented by him....and it will not be very good. He was involved in the election Petition and I understand a ridiculous bill was sent to IEBC.

They guy is quite proud and he feels like he is the best lawyer and most intelligent man walking in Kenyan Soil. Most Lawyers worship him and I find it strange that they are not able to see through the real person.

I detest his arrogance although some tinge of arrogance is required. However, I like his legal arguments. Lawyers can represent virtually anyone. One cannot construe the character of a lawyer through the client's eyes. Lawyers represent criminals such murderers, it doesn't make them murderers or does it??

@Mkwasi. You got me wrong. Besides, you need to go in to the details about the issues I have mentioned to understand well what I mean
Kausha
#163 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 1:49:43 PM

Ok great people I have now checked both sides and I have to recant my earlier assertions and send out an apology to her for my conclusions. From evidence on the ground it's very simple she has rouble roused but very good reasons and now she is being fought back by the staff ebbed out for incompetence and obviously those who benefited from the corruption in the system. Consumers of administrative services in the judiciary reckon she is a breathe very clean and fresh air. A lot of things that never existed or worked in most of the judiciary are now working and are making access to justice much more easier. I speak as a beneficiary in matter that was wrapped up in less than 5 months yet guidance issued by my wakili was two years. A big win for her was setting up the case reports database which never existed and possibly making us one of the few countries in the commonwealth without a case report portal. She could do better in handling human resource matters with soft gloves but when the system is so rotten like machakos registry was, there can be no time whatsoever for gloves and feelings! so bring back Gladys!
maka
#164 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 1:59:28 PM

Kausha wrote:
Ok great people I have now checked both sides and I have to recant my earlier assertions and send out an apology to her for my conclusions. From evidence on the ground it's very simple she has rouble roused but very good reasons and now she is being fought back by the staff ebbed out for incompetence and obviously those who benefited from the corruption in the system. Consumers of administrative services in the judiciary reckon she is a breathe very clean and fresh air. A lot of things that never existed or worked in most of the judiciary are now working and are making access to justice much more easier. I speak as a beneficiary in matter that was wrapped up in less than 5 months yet guidance issued by my wakili was two years. A big win for her was setting up the case reports database which never existed and possibly making us one of the few countries in the commonwealth without a case report portal. She could do better in handling human resource matters with soft gloves but when the system is so rotten like machakos registry was, there can be no time whatsoever for gloves and feelings! so bring back Gladys!

She will survive...
possunt quia posse videntur
McReggae
#165 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 2:10:32 PM

Kausha wrote:

Applause Applause Applause Applause
...people who strive for popularity tend to lack the strength inside to be themselves.
King G
#166 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 3:22:06 PM

McReggae wrote:
Kausha wrote:

Applause Applause Applause Applause

Umetowa googles Applause Applause Applause
Thieves
McReggae
#167 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 3:30:14 PM

JSC suspends probe on Chief Judiciary Registrar Gladys Shollei after she obtained court order barring it yesterday.
...people who strive for popularity tend to lack the strength inside to be themselves.
theman192000
#168 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 5:48:12 PM

Bigchick wrote:
theman192000 wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Museveni wrote:
faa wrote:
True it wasnt wise for shollei to spills the beans that way..Even if she is reinstated do you think it's now possible for her to well well with the rest of the team?

She even tried to bring it the CJ ..trying to play victim.

Either way, you can't expect much from a woman more so when she is in power.

This saga just like many others doesnt add any value to me ....whether she goes or not salo ya 1.2m per month itakuwa yake... na yangu bado ni XXXXX

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

Ok that statement in bold not very kind.However to a some extent I agree with you.We women have a way of bringing the worst in us when in power.We also allow emotions to override our reasoning.

You saw how she was trembling quoting what Warsame said.How do you bring informal chit chats into such a serious forum.I have always admired her but jana I feel she lost some marks.

Kama makosa iko, hatua ichukuliwe.Kama she is clean arudi kazi.

@Bigchick just for my own understanding, what is the rationale of bringing her children before the parliamentary committee?

My thinking.......When a mama is with her children, one may feel constrained to ask embarrasing questions.For example:-War Same alikuomba??

I also know that when all else fails your fall back is your family.The men may fear to appear but the mum, sisters, daughters etc will walk wiyh her side by side.

Havent you noticed the way men run for their wives even enstranged ones when there is a crisis.

Thanks for the insight BC. Another quick question, what if I'm in trouble with my wife....
theman192000
#169 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 5:49:47 PM

Kausha wrote:

I like that... BRING GLADYS BACK HOME!
Magigi
#170 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 5:55:02 PM

http://www.nation.co.ke/.../-/q5h6roz/-/index.html
Lawyer Ahmednasir Abdullahi on Wednesday evening accused suspended Chief Registrar Gladys Shollei of trying to buy a building for the Judiciary without following proper procedure.
Mr Abdullahi who is the chairman of the Finance Committee at the Judicial Service Commission claims that Mrs Shollei had informed him that she intended to purchase the building from Postal Corporation for Sh900 million, when no one in the JSC had been informed.

He added: “She told me that she is buying from Postal Corporation then I told her to stop it. I called a friend of mine who sits with the Board of the Postal Corporation. I called him 'Are you aware of such an issue?' He said 'Yes! We’ve had very fruitful discussions with Shollei. We have agreed that we will sell that house for Sh700 (Million). I was very alarmed because it is not in our budget.'”
a4architect.com
#171 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 6:23:21 PM

The best way to get property value is to use a registered valuer. They could have gotten 2 or 3 different valuations for comparative purposes.
Ahmednassir should have either suggested Shollei to use valuation services either from private sector or from chief govt valuer at ministry of lands n housing. Any argument between the 2 lawyers without valuation is misinformed.

Looks like Shollei was on the wrong to try and negotiate without the rest of the JSC members. Also Ahmednassir was on the wrong coz it looks like when he got the wind of it, he tried to wrestle the deal from Shollei.
Bottom line is that JSC needs to create detailed mechanisms for procurement that involve all members. Public Procurement Oversight Authority needs to set time to teach Shollei, Ahmednassir n the rest on how to procure using tax payer money.

Once she is back, she will have to be more involving to the rest of JSC to avoid perceived corruption scenarios such as this.
As Iron Sharpens Iron, So one Man Sharpens Another.
Nandwa
#172 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 8:37:56 PM

Mere discussion between Shollei and some persons in Postal Corporation can not be basis to assume a wrong on the part of Shollei.

Again, the figures cited by Abdinasir are based on hearsay - nothing concrete!

If the deal had gone into exchange of written communication in exclusion of relevant persons within the Judiciary then Shollei could be said to have mistepped.

For now, Abdinasir is the one jumping the gun.
Just as absolute power corrupts leaders, so does absolute fanaticism blind the people from logic
a4architect.com
#173 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 8:38:31 AM

@nandwa. .true. Shollei comunication with postal guys without involving all JSC members gives an impression of percieved underhand dealing. The communication could have beeb innocent but it ended up sounding fishy to JSC/Ahmednassir.
JSC needs to set up modalities on how to procure and communicate with third parties where all JSC are involved .

Shollei should just have been verbally corrected and asked not to repeat that instead of the sledge hammer on fly approach that JSC used on her.
Siringi
#174 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 9:17:47 AM

My reading of the Public Procurement and Disposal Act 2005 and Regulations 2006 available from www.ppoa.go.ke

dealings between two gaarment institutions do not constitute a procurement that is subjected to the tendering procedures. Kweli rongo?

That indeed Shollei as the CEO was giving first preference to another gaarment institution before considering going out to the market is nothing wrong no?

That procuring a building or land one has to first and foremost consider many subjective criteria like location accessibility etc. . . Those familiar with The UON was the procurement of Varsity Plaza Mombasa (formerly Kenya Re towers)from Kenya Re a competetive tendering process? Ama the two institutions sat down and discussed?

What is wrong if Shollei met the lady of Postbank Nyambura Koigi siyui kwa saloon and they discussed business ? Kwani si even men meet kwa bar and cut deals

Endeleza mjadala. . .

a4architect.com wrote:
The best way to get property value is to use a registered valuer. They could have gotten 2 or 3 different valuations for comparative purposes.
Ahmednassir should have either suggested Shollei to use valuation services either from private sector or from chief govt valuer at ministry of lands n housing. Any argument between the 2 lawyers without valuation is misinformed.

Looks like Shollei was on the wrong to try and negotiate without the rest of the JSC members. Also Ahmednassir was on the wrong coz it looks like when he got the wind of it, he tried to wrestle the deal from Shollei.
Bottom line is that JSC needs to create detailed mechanisms for procurement that involve all members. Public Procurement Oversight Authority needs to set time to teach Shollei, Ahmednassir n the rest on how to procure using tax payer money.

Once she is back, she will have to be more involving to the rest of JSC to avoid perceived corruption scenarios such as this.

a4architect.com
#175 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 5:50:25 PM

@siringi..the issue is perceived corruption, not actual corruption.
By Shollei not divuldging the info to JSC, they might have throught she had something to hide. Its just common courtesy to inform the rest of the members for avoidance of suspicion.
I think dealings that dont fall under Procurement act are if for example, JSC sought the services of Ministry of Lands/Housing valuers as compared if they sought services from private sector eg lloyd masika, regent etc etc.
Am sure such billion shilling deals can not be left at the behest of both Shollei and Posta just because they are govt to govt deals.
If this is true, then this can become a serious corruption blackhole where ministries will sell to each other at ridiculous costs while middle man make the cut in between.
Muheani
#176 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 6:02:14 PM

a4architect.com wrote:
By Shollei not divuldging the info to JSC, they might have throught she had something to hide. Its just common courtesy to inform the rest of the members for avoidance of suspicion.
I think dealings that dont fall under Procurement act are if for example, JSC sought the services of Ministry of Lands/Housing valuers as compared if they sought services from private sector eg lloyd masika, regent etc etc.
Am sure such billion shilling deals can not be left at the behest of both Shollei and Posta just because they are govt to govt deals.
If this is true, then this can become a serious corruption blackhole where ministries will sell to each other at ridiculous costs while middle man make the cut in between.

I Need Some Translation.
a4architect.com
#177 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 6:12:28 PM

@muheani..as in Shollei would have saved us all this drama about Mombasa building if she simply informed JSC/Abdullahi of progress or discussion with Post Office Mombasa.
Siringi
#178 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 6:32:58 PM

IMHO Two officers have let us down The Ag and CJ. This is a matter they could have resolved over a cup of tea.

Postbank is a GoK instution and so is Judiciary. I reiterate that any sale or transfer of assets between the two is of extremely low risk and is not a procurement matter in the strictest sense.
Such a transaction would require signatures at Cabinet Secretary level, AG consent and government valuer would be involved. I refuse to see where middlemen and perception would have come in. Ama nitoe googlez

Muheani wrote:
a4architect.com wrote:

I Need Some Translation.

mkenyan
#179 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 7:54:00 AM

Siringi wrote:
My reading of the Public Procurement and Disposal Act 2005 and Regulations 2006 available from www.ppoa.go.ke

dealings between two gaarment institutions do not constitute a procurement that is subjected to the tendering procedures. Kweli rongo?

That indeed Shollei as the CEO was giving first preference to another gaarment institution before considering going out to the market is nothing wrong no?

That procuring a building or land one has to first and foremost consider many subjective criteria like location accessibility etc. . . Those familiar with The UON was the procurement of Varsity Plaza Mombasa (formerly Kenya Re towers)from Kenya Re a competetive tendering process? Ama the two institutions sat down and discussed?

What is wrong if Shollei met the lady of Postbank Nyambura Koigi siyui kwa saloon and they discussed business ? Kwani si even men meet kwa bar and cut deals

Endeleza mjadala. . .

a4architect.com wrote:

thank god you are neither in public service nor in control of my tax money ... or are you?
Bigchick
#180 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 2:08:37 PM

From todays Sunday Nation inaonekana mambo ni mingi.

All others could be based on "he said , I said" and are difficult to evaluate without bias or goggles.Lakini hii ya false claims for meetings not attended since it had to be backed by facts--date of meeting, , minutes with attendance item, then the claims, itakuwa shida hapo.

Akina mama hatujui kuiba na kufunika trail.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.