Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Wednesday, Oct 5, 2022
Groups
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Urithi Housing Sacco [192]
UNAITAS [1236]
Cytonn Investments [1340]
Safaricom Investment Cooperative [428]
Mhasibu Investment Company Limited (MICL) Rights [44]
Pacific Realty ----Daily Nation pages 2&,3 9th ... [7]
SK Investments Co. still alive? [37]
Stock Market in Uganda [4]
The best sacco to join [160]
Safaricom investment - query [13]
Best Trees for a Tree Forest? [99]
Banks Loans adjustments after rates drop [2]
Amana Capital [12]
Ekeza savings and credit Sacco [66]
Supermarket Supplies [10]
 
Forum Jump
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

22 Pages«<1415161718>»
Safaricom Investment Cooperative
enyands
#301 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2016 10:19:07 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/25/2014
Posts: 2,299
Location: kenya
BGL wrote:
Pirate wrote:
Any projections for this years performance ? Last year they did 27%


25%


Any reason for the drop
Pirate
#302 Posted : Monday, February 01, 2016 3:51:32 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/4/2007
Posts: 91
enyands wrote:
BGL wrote:
Pirate wrote:
Any projections for this years performance ? Last year they did 27%


25%


Any reason for the drop


On the contrary , Year 2014 they made 27% out of which 25% was rebates . Year 2015 they have made 29 % of which rebates are proposed to be 25% .

Share capital increased from about 0.8B to 1.3B during the same period hence profit dilution. If share capital remained constant ,they would have made 47% returns
Knowledge is power , but action gets things done ...
enyands
#303 Posted : Monday, February 01, 2016 5:22:57 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/25/2014
Posts: 2,299
Location: kenya
Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
BGL wrote:
Pirate wrote:
Any projections for this years performance ? Last year they did 27%


25%


Any reason for the drop


On the contrary , Year 2014 they made 27% out of which 25% was rebates . Year 2015 they have made 29 % of which rebates are proposed to be 25% .

Share capital increased from about 0.8B to 1.3B during the same period hence profit dilution. If share capital remained constant ,they would have made 47% returns



Thanks. Makes lot of sense. So share capital ikiendelea kuongezeka at that rate we should expect more dilution of profit next year?
murchr
#304 Posted : Monday, February 01, 2016 5:32:24 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 15,977
Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
BGL wrote:
Pirate wrote:
Any projections for this years performance ? Last year they did 27%


25%


Any reason for the drop


On the contrary , Year 2014 they made 27% out of which 25% was rebates . Year 2015 they have made 29 % of which rebates are proposed to be 25% .

Share capital increased from about 0.8B to 1.3B during the same period hence profit dilution. If share capital remained constant ,they would have made 47% returns


Do they have a target?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
Pirate
#305 Posted : Tuesday, February 02, 2016 7:29:20 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/4/2007
Posts: 91
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
BGL wrote:
Pirate wrote:
Any projections for this years performance ? Last year they did 27%


25%


Any reason for the drop


On the contrary , Year 2014 they made 27% out of which 25% was rebates . Year 2015 they have made 29 % of which rebates are proposed to be 25% .

Share capital increased from about 0.8B to 1.3B during the same period hence profit dilution. If share capital remained constant ,they would have made 47% returns


Do they have a target?


Yes. 1.5B and lock the shares. However I have a feeling they may revise this during the AGM.
Knowledge is power , but action gets things done ...
murchr
#306 Posted : Tuesday, February 02, 2016 6:10:18 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 15,977
Pirate wrote:
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
BGL wrote:
Pirate wrote:
Any projections for this years performance ? Last year they did 27%


25%


Any reason for the drop


On the contrary , Year 2014 they made 27% out of which 25% was rebates . Year 2015 they have made 29 % of which rebates are proposed to be 25% .

Share capital increased from about 0.8B to 1.3B during the same period hence profit dilution. If share capital remained constant ,they would have made 47% returns


Do they have a target?


Yes. 1.5B and lock the shares. However I have a feeling they may revise this during the AGM.



Thanks a bunch....I have seen they have launched the online trading platform EXCELLENT not logged in yet but this is a good move Applause Applause
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
enyands
#307 Posted : Tuesday, February 02, 2016 7:24:07 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/25/2014
Posts: 2,299
Location: kenya
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
BGL wrote:
Pirate wrote:
Any projections for this years performance ? Last year they did 27%


25%


Any reason for the drop


On the contrary , Year 2014 they made 27% out of which 25% was rebates . Year 2015 they have made 29 % of which rebates are proposed to be 25% .

Share capital increased from about 0.8B to 1.3B during the same period hence profit dilution. If share capital remained constant ,they would have made 47% returns


Do they have a target?


Yes. 1.5B and lock the shares. However I have a feeling they may revise this during the AGM.



Thanks a bunch....I have seen they have launched the online trading platform EXCELLENT not logged in yet but this is a good move Applause Applause


I think there is a someone there who has the balls to think outside the box.these are the think tanks that most companies need . Kudos to him. Just checked the online platform and I'm impressed .
Pirate
#308 Posted : Wednesday, February 03, 2016 9:40:24 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/4/2007
Posts: 91
enyands wrote:
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
BGL wrote:
Pirate wrote:
Any projections for this years performance ? Last year they did 27%


25%


Any reason for the drop


On the contrary , Year 2014 they made 27% out of which 25% was rebates . Year 2015 they have made 29 % of which rebates are proposed to be 25% .

Share capital increased from about 0.8B to 1.3B during the same period hence profit dilution. If share capital remained constant ,they would have made 47% returns


Do they have a target?


Yes. 1.5B and lock the shares. However I have a feeling they may revise this during the AGM.



Thanks a bunch....I have seen they have launched the online trading platform EXCELLENT not logged in yet but this is a good move Applause Applause


I think there is a someone there who has the balls to think outside the box.these are the think tanks that most companies need . Kudos to him. Just checked the online platform and I'm impressed .


I would like to indulge your thoughts on the following analysis:
Current Share Capital : 1.28B
Proposed Rebates : 322Mil
Split btw Cash/Ploughback div - 30/70 ( Assumption)
Ploughed back div : 225Mil (converted into shares)
New share capital post AGM 1.28+0.22= 1.5B !

So my questions are:
1. Whats the likely scenario if they shares are locked
2. Share price post AGM will be 420 ( 25% revision upwards as per last AGM resolution). Is it preferable to let demand and supply regulate the price or should it remain fixed ?


Knowledge is power , but action gets things done ...
enyands
#309 Posted : Wednesday, February 03, 2016 10:54:31 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/25/2014
Posts: 2,299
Location: kenya
Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
BGL wrote:
Pirate wrote:
Any projections for this years performance ? Last year they did 27%


25%


Any reason for the drop


On the contrary , Year 2014 they made 27% out of which 25% was rebates . Year 2015 they have made 29 % of which rebates are proposed to be 25% .

Share capital increased from about 0.8B to 1.3B during the same period hence profit dilution. If share capital remained constant ,they would have made 47% returns


Do they have a target?


Yes. 1.5B and lock the shares. However I have a feeling they may revise this during the AGM.



Thanks a bunch....I have seen they have launched the online trading platform EXCELLENT not logged in yet but this is a good move Applause Applause


I think there is a someone there who has the balls to think outside the box.these are the think tanks that most companies need . Kudos to him. Just checked the online platform and I'm impressed .


I would like to indulge your thoughts on the following analysis:
Current Share Capital : 1.28B
Proposed Rebates : 322Mil
Split btw Cash/Ploughback div - 30/70 ( Assumption)
Ploughed back div : 225Mil (converted into shares)
New share capital post AGM 1.28+0.22= 1.5B !

So my questions are:
1. Whats the likely scenario if they shares are locked
2. Share price post AGM will be 420 ( 25% revision upwards as per last AGM resolution). Is it preferable to let demand and supply regulate the price or should it remain fixed ?




@murchr I find these questions technical. What do you feel about them?For me I'll prefer a locked price but there should be a limit coz if they don't it will be a free fall
murchr
#310 Posted : Tuesday, February 09, 2016 8:32:39 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 15,977
Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
BGL wrote:
Pirate wrote:
Any projections for this years performance ? Last year they did 27%


25%


Any reason for the drop


On the contrary , Year 2014 they made 27% out of which 25% was rebates . Year 2015 they have made 29 % of which rebates are proposed to be 25% .

Share capital increased from about 0.8B to 1.3B during the same period hence profit dilution. If share capital remained constant ,they would have made 47% returns


Do they have a target?


Yes. 1.5B and lock the shares. However I have a feeling they may revise this during the AGM.



Thanks a bunch....I have seen they have launched the online trading platform EXCELLENT not logged in yet but this is a good move Applause Applause


I think there is a someone there who has the balls to think outside the box.these are the think tanks that most companies need . Kudos to him. Just checked the online platform and I'm impressed .


I would like to indulge your thoughts on the following analysis:
Current Share Capital : 1.28B
Proposed Rebates : 322Mil
Split btw Cash/Ploughback div - 30/70 ( Assumption)
Ploughed back div : 225Mil (converted into shares)
New share capital post AGM 1.28+0.22= 1.5B !

So my questions are:
1. Whats the likely scenario if they shares are locked
2. Share price post AGM will be 420 ( 25% revision upwards as per last AGM resolution). Is it preferable to let demand and supply regulate the price or should it remain fixed ?




My thoughts

1. They will increase the share capital to 2B

2. They will keep as is. No stakeholder will want their wealth eroded. But it would have been interesting if the price was regulated by supply and demand esp now that you say longevity matters on the secondary market.


ION AGM this Sat, who is going?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
Pirate
#311 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 9:00:32 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/4/2007
Posts: 91
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
BGL wrote:
Pirate wrote:
Any projections for this years performance ? Last year they did 27%


25%


Any reason for the drop


On the contrary , Year 2014 they made 27% out of which 25% was rebates . Year 2015 they have made 29 % of which rebates are proposed to be 25% .

Share capital increased from about 0.8B to 1.3B during the same period hence profit dilution. If share capital remained constant ,they would have made 47% returns


Do they have a target?


Yes. 1.5B and lock the shares. However I have a feeling they may revise this during the AGM.



Thanks a bunch....I have seen they have launched the online trading platform EXCELLENT not logged in yet but this is a good move Applause Applause


I think there is a someone there who has the balls to think outside the box.these are the think tanks that most companies need . Kudos to him. Just checked the online platform and I'm impressed .


I would like to indulge your thoughts on the following analysis:
Current Share Capital : 1.28B
Proposed Rebates : 322Mil
Split btw Cash/Ploughback div - 30/70 ( Assumption)
Ploughed back div : 225Mil (converted into shares)
New share capital post AGM 1.28+0.22= 1.5B !

So my questions are:
1. Whats the likely scenario if they shares are locked
2. Share price post AGM will be 420 ( 25% revision upwards as per last AGM resolution). Is it preferable to let demand and supply regulate the price or should it remain fixed ?




My thoughts

1. They will increase the share capital to 2B

2. They will keep as is. No stakeholder will want their wealth eroded. But it would have been interesting if the price was regulated by supply and demand esp now that you say longevity matters on the secondary market.


ION AGM this Sat, who is going?


I will be present. I have a few queries for them on the items below
1. Agribusiness - 188 mil invested. No details on it
2. Trade Payables- Project creditors cost increased to 442mil. More info required.
Knowledge is power , but action gets things done ...
enyands
#312 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 9:13:13 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/25/2014
Posts: 2,299
Location: kenya
Pirate wrote:
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
BGL wrote:
Pirate wrote:
Any projections for this years performance ? Last year they did 27%


25%


Any reason for the drop


On the contrary , Year 2014 they made 27% out of which 25% was rebates . Year 2015 they have made 29 % of which rebates are proposed to be 25% .

Share capital increased from about 0.8B to 1.3B during the same period hence profit dilution. If share capital remained constant ,they would have made 47% returns


Do they have a target?


Yes. 1.5B and lock the shares. However I have a feeling they may revise this during the AGM.



Thanks a bunch....I have seen they have launched the online trading platform EXCELLENT not logged in yet but this is a good move Applause Applause


I think there is a someone there who has the balls to think outside the box.these are the think tanks that most companies need . Kudos to him. Just checked the online platform and I'm impressed .


I would like to indulge your thoughts on the following analysis:
Current Share Capital : 1.28B
Proposed Rebates : 322Mil
Split btw Cash/Ploughback div - 30/70 ( Assumption)
Ploughed back div : 225Mil (converted into shares)
New share capital post AGM 1.28+0.22= 1.5B !

So my questions are:
1. Whats the likely scenario if they shares are locked
2. Share price post AGM will be 420 ( 25% revision upwards as per last AGM resolution). Is it preferable to let demand and supply regulate the price or should it remain fixed ?




My thoughts

1. They will increase the share capital to 2B

2. They will keep as is. No stakeholder will want their wealth eroded. But it would have been interesting if the price was regulated by supply and demand esp now that you say longevity matters on the secondary market.


ION AGM this Sat, who is going?


I will be present. I have a few queries for them on the items below
1. Agribusiness - 188 mil invested. No details on it
2. Trade Payables- Project creditors cost increased to 442mil. More info required.


Please if you can please share with us what will be passed or discussed that you find to be core .
murchr
#313 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 7:57:55 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 15,977
Pirate wrote:
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
BGL wrote:
Pirate wrote:
Any projections for this years performance ? Last year they did 27%


25%


Any reason for the drop


On the contrary , Year 2014 they made 27% out of which 25% was rebates . Year 2015 they have made 29 % of which rebates are proposed to be 25% .

Share capital increased from about 0.8B to 1.3B during the same period hence profit dilution. If share capital remained constant ,they would have made 47% returns


Do they have a target?


Yes. 1.5B and lock the shares. However I have a feeling they may revise this during the AGM.



Thanks a bunch....I have seen they have launched the online trading platform EXCELLENT not logged in yet but this is a good move Applause Applause


I think there is a someone there who has the balls to think outside the box.these are the think tanks that most companies need . Kudos to him. Just checked the online platform and I'm impressed .


I would like to indulge your thoughts on the following analysis:
Current Share Capital : 1.28B
Proposed Rebates : 322Mil
Split btw Cash/Ploughback div - 30/70 ( Assumption)
Ploughed back div : 225Mil (converted into shares)
New share capital post AGM 1.28+0.22= 1.5B !

So my questions are:
1. Whats the likely scenario if they shares are locked
2. Share price post AGM will be 420 ( 25% revision upwards as per last AGM resolution). Is it preferable to let demand and supply regulate the price or should it remain fixed ?




My thoughts

1. They will increase the share capital to 2B

2. They will keep as is. No stakeholder will want their wealth eroded. But it would have been interesting if the price was regulated by supply and demand esp now that you say longevity matters on the secondary market.


ION AGM this Sat, who is going?


I will be present. I have a few queries for them on the items below
1. Agribusiness - 188 mil invested. No details on it
2. Trade Payables- Project creditors cost increased to 442mil. More info required.


Would also like to know more about what they are growing and who they are selling to. I see a big chuck for agri land is for resale (131 mil) And how else they plan to grow income this year.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
yosie14
#314 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2016 10:00:51 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 12/17/2013
Posts: 118
The AGM was meant to be today,who attended?What was discussed?
KCB,NMG,PAFR
jerry
#315 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2016 11:07:40 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/29/2006
Posts: 2,570
yosie14 wrote:
The AGM was meant to be today,who attended?What was discussed?

@pirate
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
enyands
#316 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2016 11:42:28 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/25/2014
Posts: 2,299
Location: kenya
jerry wrote:
yosie14 wrote:
The AGM was meant to be today,who attended?What was discussed?

@pirate



@BGL ,@PIRATE? saidia
Stract_Consulting
#317 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2016 8:34:39 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 6/3/2014
Posts: 58
Location: Nairobi
enyands wrote:
jerry wrote:
yosie14 wrote:
The AGM was meant to be today,who attended?What was discussed?

@pirate



@BGL ,@PIRATE? saidia


Key outcomes from the AGM are:

1. Share price moved up by 25% from Kshs 350 to 435
2. Returns/Rebates at 25% of which 65% will be capitalized while 35% will be paid out
3.One Non-Safaricom employee was elected to the Board by the name of Marete
4.Monthly contribution will continue until the Investment will be in a position to achieve healthy cashflows that will supplement the monthly contributions


Be ignorant and ask a few questions - Peter Drucker
enyands
#318 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2016 8:42:17 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/25/2014
Posts: 2,299
Location: kenya
Stract_Consulting wrote:
enyands wrote:
jerry wrote:
yosie14 wrote:
The AGM was meant to be today,who attended?What was discussed?

@pirate



@BGL ,@PIRATE? saidia


Key outcomes from the AGM are:

1. Share price moved up by 25% from Kshs 350 to 435
2. Returns/Rebates at 25% of which 65% will be capitalized while 35% will be paid out
3.One Non-Safaricom employee was elected to the Board by the name of Marete
4.Monthly contribution will continue until the Investment will be in a position to achieve healthy cashflows that will supplement the monthly contributions




@stract_consulting thanks for the time and detail. Swali moja ,when did the books close?
Stract_Consulting
#319 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2016 8:53:59 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 6/3/2014
Posts: 58
Location: Nairobi
enyands wrote:
Stract_Consulting wrote:
enyands wrote:
jerry wrote:
yosie14 wrote:
The AGM was meant to be today,who attended?What was discussed?

@pirate



@BGL ,@PIRATE? saidia


Key outcomes from the AGM are:

1. Share price moved up by 25% from Kshs 350 to 435
2. Returns/Rebates at 25% of which 65% will be capitalized while 35% will be paid out
3.One Non-Safaricom employee was elected to the Board by the name of Marete
4.Monthly contribution will continue until the Investment will be in a position to achieve healthy cashflows that will supplement the monthly contributions




@stract_consulting thanks for the time and detail. Swali moja ,when did the books close?


Books closed on 31st Dec for dividends payment. As for the share price the increment takes place from today.
Be ignorant and ask a few questions - Peter Drucker
enyands
#320 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2016 8:55:15 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/25/2014
Posts: 2,299
Location: kenya
Stract_Consulting wrote:
enyands wrote:
Stract_Consulting wrote:
enyands wrote:
jerry wrote:
yosie14 wrote:
The AGM was meant to be today,who attended?What was discussed?

@pirate



@BGL ,@PIRATE? saidia


Key outcomes from the AGM are:

1. Share price moved up by 25% from Kshs 350 to 435
2. Returns/Rebates at 25% of which 65% will be capitalized while 35% will be paid out
3.One Non-Safaricom employee was elected to the Board by the name of Marete
4.Monthly contribution will continue until the Investment will be in a position to achieve healthy cashflows that will supplement the monthly contributions




@stract_consulting thanks for the time and detail. Swali moja ,when did the books close?


Books closed on 31st Dec for dividends payment. As for the share price the increment takes place from today.


Thanks man .will get you beer when we meet sometime.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
22 Pages«<1415161718>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2022 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.