Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Wednesday, Jul 30, 2014
SME
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Mitsubish FH for Hire in Transport business [2]
How to invest Ksh 1.2m for a passive income [2]
Lessons from my Career [9]
Help with this business idea [8]
The People newspaper now free [19]
Biashara Smart: Safaricom and KCB [4]
looking for partner in matatu business [2]
Defrauded after supply of goods [40]
SHOCKED - Less than 15,000 Nairobian's earning abo... [98]
KCB recovers 1.5 B from Devani in Triton Oil Case [7]
small business on Sale [1]
Porsche opening shop in Kenya [8]
Matatu Business [405]
Registering a Co-operative and legal implications [4]
Should I engage with Barclays Kenya [2]
 
Forum Jump




Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
INVESTING IN FARMING
mjuaji wa stocks
#1 Posted : Friday, January 06, 2012 10:11:07 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/16/2010
Posts: 652
Location: nairobi
DEAR WAZUANS;

I AM THINKING OF DIVESTING TO LIVESTOCK FARMING.

I AM INTERESTED IN PURE SAHIWAL COWS FOR BEEF / MILK.

ANYONE WITH AN IDEA ON WHERE I CAN GET YOUNG SAHIWAL CALFS ON SALE OR OLD SAHIWAL COWS THAT CAN GIVE BIRTH TO ATLEAST ONE CALF BEFORE THEY BECOME OBSOLETE??

WHAT IS THE RATE OF RETURN LET US SAY IF I BUY A CLAF NOW AND GRACE AND SELL AFTER 1 YEAR?

I AM THINKING OF THESE BECAUSE OF LITTLE EXPENSES INCURED - MAYBE JUST BUY LIKE 10 THEN GRACE FOR 12 MONTHS AND THEN SELL.

MY BUDGET IS 10K PER YOUNG CALF - ILE TU IMEACHA KUNYONYA.

ANY IDEAS??
God gave me the power to make wealth ... Blessed the work of my hands & enabled be A SELF MADE BILLIONAIRE ...... TO GOD THE FATHER OF MY LORD JESUS CHRIST; BE THE GLORY NOW & FOREVER MORE!

aemathenge
#2 Posted : Friday, January 06, 2012 10:55:21 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 10/18/2008
Posts: 1,962
Location: Kerugoya
Perhaps you could start by being polite.

Yelling at us at the top of your voice is not being polite.
2012
#3 Posted : Friday, January 06, 2012 11:38:38 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/9/2009
Posts: 3,887
mjuaji wa stocks wrote:

MY BUDGET IS 10K PER YOUNG CALF - ILE TU IMEACHA KUNYONYA.


Ati 10K for a calf? All the best but I can't see you getting at that price unless we have famine similar to the one we experienced one or two years ago.

Now can the wazua administrator transfer this thread to it's rightful place.

"Arrogance implies that I exaggerate my own worth. I dont".
Leonardo da Vinci
Foz00
#4 Posted : Friday, January 06, 2012 7:24:50 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/13/2011
Posts: 263
Location: Nairobi
put up the infrastructure -water, security, staff housing etc etc and stock up on lots of feeds/hay,then wait for the dry period, poach experienced staff not vets and buy cows for as cheap as 5k, de-worm, treat and feed for 3 months then sell at 30-50k.
Alternatively go to njiru and buy from the market farmers need to sell for school fees. Got 2year old heifers @ 12k
kenmac
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 07, 2012 11:54:45 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 5/26/2009
Posts: 1,526
visit one chris murungaru

or ADC farms in Kitale.

10k is on the lower side for the best breeds.

Disclaimer: I don't know the breeds
......Ecclesiastes
Mtublack
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 07, 2012 12:02:23 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/18/2009
Posts: 141
Foz00 wrote:
put up the infrastructure -water, security, staff housing etc etc and stock up on lots of feeds/hay,then wait for the dry period, poach experienced staff not vets and buy cows for as cheap as 5k, de-worm, treat and feed for 3 months then sell at 30-50k.
Alternatively go to njiru and buy from the market farmers need to sell for school fees. Got 2year old heifers @ 12k


Interesting,
Been thinking about this where can I buy cheaply around Nakuru I do hay farming and am just sbout to harvest, when is the best time to buy feb or march.
Some you win some you lose
Foz00
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:20:31 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/13/2011
Posts: 263
Location: Nairobi
Mtublack wrote:
Foz00 wrote:
put up the infrastructure -water, security, staff housing etc etc and stock up on lots of feeds/hay,then wait for the dry period, poach experienced staff not vets and buy cows for as cheap as 5k, de-worm, treat and feed for 3 months then sell at 30-50k.
Alternatively go to njiru and buy from the market farmers need to sell for school fees. Got 2year old heifers @ 12k


Interesting,
Been thinking about this where can I buy cheaply around Nakuru I do hay farming and am just sbout to harvest, when is the best time to buy feb or march.


When the drought starts to bite!
Jus Blazin
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2012 5:35:41 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/23/2008
Posts: 3,102
I'm looking for French Beans seeds. Amiran hakuna, Simlaw hakuna, Easeed hakuna. Who knows where I can get some?
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Gathige
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2012 6:45:21 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 3/29/2011
Posts: 964
@ Jus Blazin,

Put your email and i will link you up with a friend who will assist
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
ali
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2012 6:44:07 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 6/11/2008
Posts: 870
@gathige &@ Jus blazing
please link me up as well.
I need those french beans seeds.
My email is lennyirungu@yahoo.com
everythng ready just the seeds
For in him (Jesus) we live and move and have our being-Acts 17:28
Jus Blazin
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2012 10:34:09 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/23/2008
Posts: 3,102
Gathige wrote:
@ Jus Blazin,

Put your email and i will link you up with a friend who will assist

@Gathige, my email address is jsblazin@gmail.com
Hook a brother up. Thanks.
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
kimiri
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 4:13:55 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/12/2008
Posts: 192
@ Mjuaji and others interested in livestock farming. Below please see a link to a site with tips on how to run a profitable zero-grazing enterprise. It also provides some interesting material on production of livestock feeds and rearing of other types of livestock.
http://www.livestockkenya.com/index.php/cattle/189-tips-to-a-profitable-zero-grazing-enterprise
Jus Blazin
#13 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 10:11:27 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/23/2008
Posts: 3,102
Kenya Highland Seeds have French Bean seeds, if anyone needs them. They are on Road C, Industrial Area
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Forester
#14 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2012 9:33:26 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 12/7/2010
Posts: 346
Location: Kiashland
Can someone please help me retrieve the thread on Greenhouse farming+the thread posted by @Wanyuru with photos of his neighbour working in his greenhouse? I've been looking for them under Property and SME to no availSad Thank you in advance.
Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs - Farrah Gray.
Phaoro
#15 Posted : Wednesday, February 29, 2012 4:11:34 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 10/6/2009
Posts: 164
Forester wrote:
Can someone please help me retrieve the thread on Greenhouse farming+the thread posted by @Wanyuru with photos of his neighbour working in his greenhouse? I've been looking for them under Property and SME to no availSad Thank you in advance.



Forester
Is this what you are looking for >>
http://wazua.co.ke/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=17015
Forester
#16 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2012 1:06:49 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 12/7/2010
Posts: 346
Location: Kiashland
Phaoro wrote:
Forester wrote:
Can someone please help me retrieve the thread on Greenhouse farming+the thread posted by @Wanyuru with photos of his neighbour working in his greenhouse? I've been looking for them under Property and SME to no availSad Thank you in advance.



Forester
Is this what you are looking for >>
http://wazua.co.ke/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=17015


@Phaoro
Yes,oh happy day!!! Thank you very muchsmile smile smile
Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs - Farrah Gray.
SiriKali1
#17 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2012 2:03:21 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 3/4/2012
Posts: 37
A few posters touched on an idea that's been near and dear to me, namely, kungojea kiangazi cha mwanzo wa mwaka halafu kuwasilisha out of season produce to the market.

A cousin of mine used irrigation kukuza sukuma wiki wakati wa kiangazi in Eld way back in 2005. People na akina brokers would troop to his kaplot to buy straight from him. He did not have to market nor transport his produce. The market found him.

My dad and uncle who are small scale commercial farmers suggested that someone with the resources and organization could grow maize by irrigation starting Sept or Oct right after harvest and deliver green maize kitu mwisho wa Jan/early Feb. Na kwa sababu mitungo haibanduliwi, yields can be as high as 150 magunia per acre. Gunia moja then was going for 3,000 Ksh so we are talking serious dough. Hata kama gharama itakuwa ya juu, and even if you might not end up getting either 3K per bag or 150 bags per acre, merely coming close on both counts appears to be a real opportunity for serious profit.

Uzuri (au ubaya) ya Wakenya ni kwamba kawaida yao mtu akitimiza kiwango fulani cha elimu, anajiambia " Haki mi siwezi fanya kitu kama hiyo. Woi ye, sa watu wakiniona ati nalima watasema aje?" Nami huku nimebeba sululu tusmile Au, kama kawaida huko Kitale/Eld, nimekomboa tinga tinga.

Know anyone who's pulled something like this off?
muus1n1
#18 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2012 2:23:57 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 7/6/2009
Posts: 6
Location: canada
Yes that's how green maize for export is done, just visit those farms.
SiriKali1
#19 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2012 9:06:20 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 3/4/2012
Posts: 37
muus1n1 wrote:
Yes that's how green maize for export is done, just visit those farms.


Sorry kuwa mfala, but what farms specifically are you referring to? As for green maize exportation, is that even feasible? The value of the green maize compared to the cost of airfreight?..
maligumu
#20 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2012 10:43:36 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 2/22/2010
Posts: 510
Location: De egg
What is exported is baby corn not green maize
Peace be with you
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2014 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.