Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Sunday, Nov 17, 2019
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [14063]
Stanlib Fahari FY18 [57]
KCB 2018 and Beyond [483]
CIC Insurance 2019 [39]
BRITAM 2019 [7]
Safaricom 2019/2020 [190]
Kenya Economy Watch [2323]
KenGen HY 2019 [279]
Madness at the NSE [1936]
Coop Bank 2019 [52]
Scangroup [5]
Law Capping interest rates [2981]
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20 [3201]
Kenya Power HY 2019 [118]
Exchange Bar: Results forecast [2068]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

3 Pages<123
CIC Insurance 2018
heri
#41 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2019 8:37:13 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 9/14/2011
Posts: 692
Location: nairobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
I like the trend of deleveraging by some firms.

Centum is paying off some loans/bonds from the sale of Almasi/King/NBL.
CIC is paying off this bond.
HF will pay off a bond too. It is also trying to sell non-performing properties/assets.
Britam is also trying to sell properties and reduce borrowings or increase cash.

In these tough times, if the business cannot generate great returns then it is better to deleverage.

Excessive leverage can be disastrous as seen for Uchumi, ARM, Mumias, etc.

Cash-rich firms (or those with low/manageable) debt can better survive a tough operating environment.


I hope CIC is not taking on another loan to pay off this bond? Have they have sold the land they put up for sale
Ericsson
#42 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2019 2:05:03 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,631
Location: NAIROBI
heri wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
I like the trend of deleveraging by some firms.

Centum is paying off some loans/bonds from the sale of Almasi/King/NBL.
CIC is paying off this bond.
HF will pay off a bond too. It is also trying to sell non-performing properties/assets.
Britam is also trying to sell properties and reduce borrowings or increase cash.

In these tough times, if the business cannot generate great returns then it is better to deleverage.

Excessive leverage can be disastrous as seen for Uchumi, ARM, Mumias, etc.

Cash-rich firms (or those with low/manageable) debt can better survive a tough operating environment.


I hope CIC is not taking on another loan to pay off this bond? Have they have sold the land they put up for sale


Chief executive Tom Gitogo told the Business Daily that the company currently has enough cash and cash equivalents to settle the bond, adding that the need to boost its capital will come later.

https://www.businessdail...92122-9g6qjaz/index.html
tandich
#43 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2019 1:07:35 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/6/2008
Posts: 163
Ericsson
#44 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2019 1:21:08 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,631
Location: NAIROBI


He must have got a big post somewhere.
He did the same stunt at Sanlam insurance
Ebenyo
#45 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2019 3:10:35 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/4/2016
Posts: 1,733
Location: Kitale




Si angeongoja mwezi wa pili.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Ericsson
#46 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2019 11:51:54 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,631
Location: NAIROBI
Ebenyo wrote:




Si angeongoja mwezi wa pili.


Mr Gitogo joined CIC in 2014 when he replaced Nelson Kuria who retired after holding the Chief Executive position for many years.

He leaves after the company repaid its Sh5 billion corporate bond last week.

Mr Gitogo had also initiated plans to sell the insurer’s 712 acres of freehold land.
Mr Gitogo’s term at CIC has been turbulent, characterised by a decline across various performance measures.

The insurer’s market capitalisation, for instance, has dropped 68 percent from Sh25.1 billion in December 2014 to Sh8 billion on Wednesday.
Over his tenure, CIC’s earnings and shareholder funds also dropped, partly due to losses at its regional subsidiaries, increased competition and the weak stock market.

https://www.businessdail...06614-4d8hhn/index.html
jmbada
#47 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2019 3:24:28 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/1/2011
Posts: 385
Ericsson wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:




Si angeongoja mwezi wa pili.


Mr Gitogo joined CIC in 2014 when he replaced Nelson Kuria who retired after holding the Chief Executive position for many years.

He leaves after the company repaid its Sh5 billion corporate bond last week.

Mr Gitogo had also initiated plans to sell the insurer’s 712 acres of freehold land.
Mr Gitogo’s term at CIC has been turbulent, characterised by a decline across various performance measures.

The insurer’s market capitalisation, for instance, has dropped 68 percent from Sh25.1 billion in December 2014 to Sh8 billion on Wednesday.
Over his tenure, CIC’s earnings and shareholder funds also dropped, partly due to losses at its regional subsidiaries, increased competition and the weak stock market.

https://www.businessdail...06614-4d8hhn/index.html

Wow! Talk about shareholder value destruction!
Horton
#48 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2019 4:00:36 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 8/30/2007
Posts: 1,484
Location: Nairobi
jmbada wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:




Si angeongoja mwezi wa pili.


Mr Gitogo joined CIC in 2014 when he replaced Nelson Kuria who retired after holding the Chief Executive position for many years.

He leaves after the company repaid its Sh5 billion corporate bond last week.

Mr Gitogo had also initiated plans to sell the insurer’s 712 acres of freehold land.
Mr Gitogo’s term at CIC has been turbulent, characterised by a decline across various performance measures.

The insurer’s market capitalisation, for instance, has dropped 68 percent from Sh25.1 billion in December 2014 to Sh8 billion on Wednesday.
Over his tenure, CIC’s earnings and shareholder funds also dropped, partly due to losses at its regional subsidiaries, increased competition and the weak stock market.

https://www.businessdail...06614-4d8hhn/index.html

Wow! Talk about shareholder value destruction!



Anyone seeing any good in this stock? I remember Ericsson used to like this company a while back. Thoughts?
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
3 Pages<123
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.