Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Wednesday, Sep 18, 2019
Club SK
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Consolata boy... [33]
Ni kama ndlama ni kama vindeo!!!! [123]
Passport - Huduma Centre [125]
Uefa Champions League 2019/2020 [10]
Good Job Rwanda!!! [5]
order counterfeit money online buy driver’s lice... [1]
Punguza Mizigo Bill [93]
we cant be helped! I give up! [12]
Ken Okoth,MP Kibra..It shall be well [370]
An error occurred while processing your request [10]
Our thugs are getting bolder by the day. [768]
Robert Mugabe [52]
IRAN v/s ISRAEL+USA WAR. [79]
Heeeelp! Hawa maSlayQueen wananimalisa [25]
How you feel after an intense workout [2]

Forum Jump

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

Anonymous Leaks 1TB of Data from Kenya
Ash Ock
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2016 12:58:43 PM

Quote:
ANONYMOUS LEAKED CONFIDENTIAL DOCUMENTS FROM THE MINISTRY SERVERS AGAINST GOVERNMENT CORRUPTION.

The online hacktivist Anonymous has conducted a sophisticated cyber attack on the government of Kenya by breaching its Foreign ministry server, stealing a trove of data and ending up leaking some of it on the Dark Web. The cyber attack was conducted under the banner of operation OpAfrica which was launched last year against child abuse, child labour and corruption in the African countries.

The dumped data contains confidential and non-confidential PDF and Docx files from the ministry server including email conversations, security related communication, international trade agreements and letters discussing the security situation in Sudan where government forces are fighting the Sudan People’s Liberation Army (SPLA).

Other letters include conversation related to weapon clearance in Namibia, details about a business collaboration deal between Kenya and Oman, several other documents discussing state officials visiting the country. However, one internal email document is really interesting and talks about security alert for the ministry of foreign affairs’ staff sent by Information Communications Technology (ICT) stating that someone is trying to hack staff email IDs by sending phishing emails containing malicious links. The ICT administrator also shared a screenshot of an email sent by the hackers.

or readers information the dumped data does not include email addresses or passwords, however, in an exclusive conversation with one of the Anonymous hackers HackRead was told that:

We have 1TB of data but at the moment, we have leaked just one portion of it. In few days you will receive full disclosure of the data – We the Anonymous will stand against corruption, child abuse, and child labour! The government of Kenya should have expected.

The leaked data can be accessed using Tor Onion browser. Remember, in March 2016, Kenyan oil refinery website was also defaced for OpAfrica. Another group hacked South African job portal, Ugandan Ministry Of Finance and an IT company under the Rwandan government. The group also leaked details of 64,000 workers from Tanzanian telecom firm for OpAfrica.

Stay tuned for full disclosure of the data.

https://www.hackread.com...nistry-foreign-affairs/

For those on Tor, the address is: http://qkjscem7kksghlux....nistryOfForeignAffairs/

There goes my long weekend. Laughing out loudly
Sent from my Black Nokia 3310
Swenani
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2016 1:51:07 PM

Nothing interesting,most of the docs are basically ministerial progress reports(which I think were prepared and presented during the cabinet retreat in Naivasha).

But I found this ot be very interesting-Presentation from National treasury

Taking credit for the global low fuel prices and claiming bus fares are at an all time low

Quote:
• Overall Kenyan’s standard of living has improved over time. We have managed to keep inflation low, stable and within target.
o Prices of commodities in the market are not rapidly increasing; for example the cost of pump oil prices such as kerosene, petrol and diesel are at an all-time low, benefitting the Mwananchi through low matatu and bus fares, cooking fuel (kerosene) and stable prices of goods given that manufacturers are not increasing the prices of manufactured goods

Claiming that interest rates are also low
Quote:
• Overall Kenyan’s standard of living has improved over time. We have managed to keep inflation low, stable and within target.
o Prices of commodities in the market are not rapidly increasing; for example the cost of pump oil prices such as kerosene, petrol and diesel are at an all-time low, benefitting the Mwananchi through low matatu and bus fares, cooking fuel (kerosene) and stable prices of goods given that manufacturers are not increasing the prices of manufactured goods

Quote:
• The Business environment is now easier and friendly. Macroeconomic stability has been maintained with inflation remaining low and within target; low and stable interest rates and a competitive exchange rate stable. This has lowered the cost of imports to our Kenyans.

Kumbe Joho was a cartel
Quote:
- Dealing with the cartels under the CFS Management,

Very few jobless people
Quote:
• The economy continues to generate jobs for our Youth and Women. In 2014, with an economic growth of 5.3 percent we generated 800,000 new jobs. Last year (2015) with a growth of 5.6 percent, the economy is expected to have generated a similar number of jobs. As the economy continues to grow, we shall be able to generate on an annual basis of 1 million jobs.
• The IMF approved a US$1.5 billion precautionary loan arrangement and noted that Kenya’s recent growth performance remains robust and the outlook is positive. This positive outlook will generate the much needed jobs for our youth.

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Jubilee for 2017!!!
Poverty is the root of all evil
Swenani
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2016 3:24:45 PM

Jameni

Quote:
But ICT Cabinet Secretary Joe Mucheru said: "it is not entirely true" that the ministry's server was hacked.

"The report is not correct. People give lots of stories on social media. We will carry out investigations," he told The Star on phone.

So all these are manufactured docs?
Intelligentsia
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2016 5:08:57 PM

@swenani was not able to access the dump - whats the story on the namibia weapons
kollabo
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2016 5:15:21 PM

Is that all? No bombshell exposed?
Swenani
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2016 5:44:57 PM

Intelligentsia wrote:
@swenani was not able to access the dump - whats the story on the namibia weapons

Nothing, it was a request to facilitate the security detail and their guns clearance at JKIA for Namibia's pm
murchr
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2016 5:55:20 PM

kollabo wrote:
Is that all? No bombshell exposed?

What a waste Laughing out loudly ....but that's alot of data. Even going through it is very tasking
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
wanyee
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2016 7:08:08 PM

Silly misplaced activitism why dint they hack the Panama law firm or the Bermuda and Cayman Island banks and law firms..Ushienz tu ..targeting a poor 3rd world country haijavamia Syria or Libya we are just eating our own mbuzis but these ministries need to stop using Zimbra so many loopholes and use multiple ..let me d'oh!
alma1
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2016 7:12:58 PM

wanyee wrote:
Silly misplaced activitism why dint they hack the Panama law firm or the Bermuda and Cayman Island banks and law firms..Ushienz tu ..targeting a poor 3rd world country haijavamia Syria or Libya we are just eating our own mbuzis

The word activism is used by Jubilee moles.

If I were you I would worry about whoever got hacked. Usually, if someone has hacked this material it means they are able to hack more.

You should either be firing people who are supposed to keep these stories mute or be very worried.

That's all I can say about the process.

As for the information. They are actually looking for the Saudis in this one. It's called financing. Even hackers need money. Their main goal is to expose slavery. So unfortunately the Ministry of Foreign affairs was good game.

You may be looking for scandals, they are looking for evidence to give their financiers that labor laws are being flouted.

That's my personal opinion. What say murchr?
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?
murchr
#10 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2016 7:35:05 PM

alma1 wrote:
wanyee wrote:
Silly misplaced activitism why dint they hack the Panama law firm or the Bermuda and Cayman Island banks and law firms..Ushienz tu ..targeting a poor 3rd world country haijavamia Syria or Libya we are just eating our own mbuzis

If I were you I would worry about whoever got hacked. Usually, if someone has hacked this material it means they are able to hack more.

You should either be firing people who are supposed to keep these stories mute or be very worried.

As for the information. They are actually looking for the Saudis in this one. It's called financing. Even hackers need money. Their main goal is to expose slavery. So unfortunately the Ministry of Foreign affairs was good game.

You may be looking for scandals, they are looking for evidence to give their financiers that labor laws are being flouted.

Anyone can get hacked. If NASA was hacked what about a mere Ministry? Hii imekuwa kawaida but Mucheru should seek the services of a hacker to identify the weak and vulnerable points.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
alma1
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2016 7:46:28 PM

murchr wrote:
alma1 wrote:
wanyee wrote:

Anyone can get hacked. If NASA was hacked what about a mere Ministry? Hii imekuwa kawaida but Mucheru should seek the services of a hacker to identify the weak and vulnerable points.

Those people can never get the services of masukuma. He's too strong minded. Laughing out loudly

But on the technical issue. If they have been hacked and they did not know until this thread was posted. They are in more serious problems than they can imagine.

the problem is not being hacked the problem is how you deal with it. I want a tender. I want a tender.smile
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?
murchr
#12 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2016 7:56:17 PM

alma1 wrote:
murchr wrote:
alma1 wrote:
wanyee wrote:

Those people can never get the services of masukuma. He's too strong minded. Laughing out loudly

But on the technical issue. If they have been hacked and they did not know until this thread was posted. They are in more serious problems than they can imagine.

the problem is not being hacked the problem is how you deal with it. I want a tender. I want a tender.smile

They probably knew afterwards. But after your data is stolen what else can you do apart from upgrade security?

This looks like a mail server attack. Kinda like the panama papers.
harrydre
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2016 9:50:09 PM

Na munasema ati electronic voting...he he he. Let's stay manual. There is that hollywood movie clip on some guy rigging elections in 'uganda' through hacking
wanyee
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2016 9:58:53 PM

Tender za type writers ndio zitaongezeka tu
masukuma
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2016 10:07:09 PM

harrydre wrote:
Na munasema ati electronic voting...he he he. Let's stay manual. There is that hollywood movie clip on some guy rigging elections in 'uganda' through hacking

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
harrydre
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2016 11:04:43 PM

masukuma wrote:
harrydre wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Applause Applause =d Skyfall. I tried to remember the movie lakini wapi. You are good in pulling these.Reminds me of Watter's world segments.
kiash
#17 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2016 6:52:21 AM

They should hack EACC ama defence tupate hutu tu PDF tujue nani anakula pesa za KDF na nani alimanipulate list ya suspects.
Hope they scan the ksh notes too just to verify if they are true Laughing out loudly
Did not know that one can petition the ministry to bring back wenye wamelemewa majuu, thot its the job of the embassy or consulate in the country of residence.