Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Monday, Apr 21, 2014
Club SK
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Just one dead.... [21]
@KIASH [96]
Funny pictures I have ever come across [3412]
Where are Kenyan journalists? [44]
Praise n Worship : Tumshangilie Mungu...Choirs Hy... [91]
#DugudwaLaUchaguzi, 50+1 KTN tonight [37]
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 [2716]
Gabriel Garcí,a Má,rquez [4]
On the heels of terror... [81]
Whaaaat is wrong with @lady admin?????????????? [69]
Is Baba runnin @ Boston Marathon [3]
Africans love their leaders............. [6]
Kajiado assembly to stop land-transactions [25]
Nyanza Leading in Homo tendencies.... [65]
Kenyan women eating chicken feed to grow 'rounder' [5]

Forum Jump

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

8 Pages«<23456>»
pastor michael njoroge vs mwende
tycho
#61 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2012 5:10:51 PM

Pastor M wrote:
so sad...indeed sad..if only Christians could learn to read the Bible..Too many Christians today are excitement seekers instead of God seekers. They rush from one church to the next, from one special diviner to another,Somewhere along the way they lose sight of why they are serving God. We aren’t Christians to have excitement, we are Christians to seek God. When we genuinely seek God, we will have exciting times. I believe there is something wrong with modern Christianity that is constantly seeking a new experience. I firmly believe that our most exciting times with God, and the times when we are the closest to him should be in our prayer time when we are alone with God and don’t have the distractions of anyone else present. I also believe that the genuine times of renewal and revival should occur in our local church during a regular service. When we are gathered together as a family with people who we know are genuine in their faith.

I remember the late mzee Maruge saying that he was going to school in order to read the bible. At that time a friend of mine was battering me with Greek.
. . . so a question began to hound me, 'Must one be a scholar in order to read the bible?

Certainly, even Mwende can read the Bible. In fact she has one that she clings to every time misfortune strikes. If she went as far as pre-unit, she has the whole Bible story at heart.

Are we speaking of a very different kind of reading?
As in like, 'reading between the lines?'

If this is the case, then each person stands alone with God. There is no mediation. For if there is mediation there is a narrative.

'Faith comes by hearing the Word!' Should we then say that there are no speakers? Or that there are no listeners?

Or is it that the many are predestined for destruction? So that there are some who'd say " Poor souls! Look at them craving for a sign! . . . and oh how sad they won't make it?" . . . that this thread is totally irrelevant! A circus for the trash bin!

Can a believer dispense with the need for a Sign? Is this the quest for 'excitement?' The wise men from the East? A sign. John the Baptist? A sign. Mohammed? A sign. Buddha? A sign.

'That this toil availeth something,' this pain, this anguish I am feeling because of my sickly child? . . . 'Where is the sign?' For God to be, there must be a sign!

And the sign must be in flesh. It is the sign seeker seeking his self. But to gain his self he must lose it. Many have despaired of finding themselves and stopped looking for a sign. They are busy playing insufferable roles, wearing mask after mask . . .between doses of secret and sometimes not so secret anesthesia!

'He he he! Let them come and join us sinners! We are not so holy! And we are proud of it! God makes for a good story. Ethics. But please, no need to press the matter too hard! We live in a political world, a bit of this a bit of that . . .'

This Mike and Mwende story has exposed all of us. We are laughing at ourselves; or more appropriately, 'we are laughing at Our Self.'
tycho
#62 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2012 5:28:43 PM

luttz wrote:
Such things have been happening in church for a very long time. Personally, i do not subscribe to these modern day churches. On the other hand, i have never understood women (with all due respect to the ladies of the house); they are the majority in these churches

I asked a friend why it was women who filled churches and he told me, 'Because they are the ones who carry the most burdens.'
newfarer
#63 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2012 5:30:51 PM

And this was another great job by Mohamed Ali.Must be the first assignment since he left the Standard Group .Seems he moved to NTV and thus Jicho pevu team has rejoned .Applause Applause Applause
above all let peace prevail
Impunity
#64 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2012 5:37:49 PM

luttz wrote:
Such things have been happening in church for a very long time. Personally, i do not subscribe to these modern day churches. On the other hand, i have never understood women (with all due respect to the ladies of the house); they are the majority in these churches

EMOTIONS...EMOTIONS...EMOTIONS...
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

newfarer
#65 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2012 5:47:20 PM

and the MPesa now covers nearly half of the screen

http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...spx?g=posts&t=13045

Max Romeo Sang this song:

Stealing, stealing, stealing,
Stealing, stealing.
Stealing in the name of the Lord.

My father's house of worship,
Has become a den of thieves;

They fed our mothers with sour grapes,
And set our teeth on edge;

Strike the hammer of justice,
And set my people free,
Strike the hammer of justice,
Or let my people be.

They tell us of a heaven,
Where milk and honey flow;

They said this place called heaven;
The rich man cannot go.

Yet the reverend drives a fancy car,
Buys everything tax-free,
The people have to sacrifice;
To give in charity.

My father's house of worship,
Has become a den of thieves;

(..)

Stealing, stealing.

Stealing, stealing.
above all let peace prevail
tycho
#66 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2012 6:03:05 PM

Impunity wrote:
luttz wrote:

The good pastor Mike must have been using this knowledge when he gave the shot, and later, the punch.

I wonder what kind of 'shooter' he is; a wild stallion?
Impunity
#67 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2012 6:14:14 PM

tycho wrote:
Impunity wrote:
luttz wrote:

The good pastor Mike must have been using this knowledge when he gave the shot, and later, the punch.

I wonder what kind of 'shooter' he is; a wild stallion?

A chot get the required emotions, then the punch destroy the unwanted ones.

harrydre
#68 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2012 6:34:06 PM

just got thinking, if she is narrating to NTV ile masaibu she got from pastor and how they crossed paths with him, where did NTV get the footage of her in a church being prayed for now that the pastor didn't want to see her again? Unless that footage came from a 3rd party got my point?
No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar - Abraham Lincoln

murchr
#69 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2012 6:45:06 PM

harrydre wrote:
just got thinking, if she is narrating to NTV ile masaibu she got from pastor and how they crossed paths with him, where did NTV get the footage of her in a church being prayed for now that the pastor didn't want to see her again? Unless that footage came from a 3rd party got my point?

Sermons these days are broadcasted on TV for the Kondoos who dont go to church to be blessed with the word as well as send sadaka via MPESA. Its not hard going back to the archives.
Oscar Wilde joked that "a cynic knows the price of everything but value of nothing". .
Impunity
#70 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2012 6:48:24 PM

harrydre wrote:

ARCHIVES...ARCHIVES...ARCHIVES...
Shame on you

harrydre
#71 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2012 6:48:41 PM

murchr wrote:
harrydre wrote:

Sermons these days are broadcasted on TV for the Kondoos who dont go to church to be blessed with the word as well as send sadaka via MPESA. Its not hard going back to the archives.

lol..cool..
No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar - Abraham Lincoln

josiah33
#72 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2012 7:15:42 PM

Hehehehe! huyo pastor hata hana class jameni? Ama it's some sacrifice he has to make(stooping so low) for the sake of business? Think about it-there is no place else he can get those female actors other than from k-street or wherever. Decent women wouldn't contort their faces just for a few thousand shillings.
essyk
#73 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2012 7:54:34 PM

go to church kesho. no excuse
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
essyk
#74 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2012 1:07:46 AM

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
rock
#75 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2012 8:08:30 AM

essyk wrote:
go to church kesho. no excuse

Enroute to city cabanas..no such thing as bad publicity guys. Be blessed
Tokyo
#76 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2012 8:36:45 AM

Does the real true churches still exist.
BOYS BE AMBITIOUS
Impunity
#77 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2012 8:47:01 AM

Tokyo wrote:

So on Sundays no phombe is served at Cabanas since mtumishi Njoro and Mwende are busy occupying the place?
d'oh!

kyt
#78 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2012 10:39:00 AM

Tokyo wrote:

there is a pastor, who preacher on monday at 7:30 pm on family tv, i think, in my own opinion, he is different from many. u can watch him.
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
Euge
#79 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2012 3:14:28 PM

Who knows if Pr Njoro was preaching this morning?
kenmac
#80 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2012 4:16:04 PM

Euge wrote:
Who knows if Pr Njoro was preaching this morning?

he did...even his TV show was aired. source: NTV

I have watched Harrison Ng'ang'a on KBC at 9.30 with no qualms at all. I think he is good and delivers in almost a comical manner.
......Ecclesiastes